Auto Insurance for Mods or Modifications - Extra Insurance

I've only scanned this post so if what I say has already been said then I apologize up front. That being said, whatever you do... NEVER take the word of an agent on what is and isn't covered. I recently switched to Farmers because of some of the positive things I've heard from some peeps here and when speaking to the agent he said my aftermarket items would be covered. I asked him to please double check with underwriting as I would want this in writing. When he did he came back and said that only $10k would be covered in a total loss and any additional would require a separate rider policy. I added the appropriate policy and now have complete piece of mind should something happen.

Brute

Hooked
I've recently had to address this issue...we use an insurance broker to underwrite coverage of all of our various assets that we want insured; homes, boat, art, vehicles, etc...since we have a significant investment in modified vehicles over stock, we were required to have them appraised for insured value...of course, there is an increase of our insurance premiums for this. My biggest worry was total loss due to theft or fire, not to mention personal property damage or liability. Everyone has a different comfort level of risk exposure...and it's accompanying costs...

AZVAJKU

Hooked
I am looking at getting more insurance for my Jeep. After all the mods I have made I’d like to make sure I’ll get enough to replace/rebuild it if something bad were to happen like theft or an accident

I looked into Hagerty Insurance and was told that they only cover ‘classics’ and apparently they do not consider my 2009 JKU a ‘classic’. 🤔🤬

Does anyone have a recommendation for a company that offers additional value coverage?

Is the best solution simply to get a rider from a company like USAA or State Farm?

I appreciate your recommendations.

WJCO

Meme King
I am looking at getting more insurance for my Jeep. After all the mods I have made I’d like to make sure I’ll get enough to replace/rebuild it if something bad were to happen like theft or an accident

I looked into Hagerty Insurance and was told that they only cover ‘classics’ and apparently they do not consider my 2009 JKU a ‘classic’. 🤔🤬

Does anyone have a recommendation for a company that offers additional value coverage?

Is the best solution simply to get a rider from a company like USAA or State Farm?

I appreciate your recommendations.
Merged here to start with. I know we have another thread about this too. Trying to find it.

Ddays

Hooked
I brought this subject up with my agent (State Farm) years ago and he told me that nope, no need for extra. But having receipts helps if something unfortunate happens, which I did experience. Short story: someone pulled out in front of me and I t-boned her, bending frame, trashed winch, bumper, blah, blah, blah. All were replaced no questions asked.

pvkj454

My regular insurance company didn't offer anything to cover modified vehicles. I got Stated Value policies on my Cummins powered K30 and my F750 hauler from Progressive. My wife's cousin lost thousands when his customized Chevy pickup was stolen and he had normal full coverage insurance.

Top Bottom