Automatic gearbox trouble

jeeeep

Hooked
Hi, solved my first/main issue on my automatic gearbox( WA580). I flushed it and up to now it is working without any issue.

Now I have to solve the second issue:

Sometime when I engage the low range gear, it happens that(when I select the drive mode) the gearbox is not able to change from N to D…it usually happen when I have to go quickly backward and forward…after some attempts the gearbox engage the gear and it start to properly work…
Is it something known and can I fix it by myself?

Thanks!!

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Are you saying when you are in 4LO, and try to go back to D it won't go in immediately?

Were the lockers engaged? it'll happen after the lockers were engaged but wheels not straight before stopping and shifting to D.

Wheels need to be straight for lockers to disengage.

Guascone

Thanks!

No, sometimes when I’m driving in 4LO if I have to change from drive to back and than again If I try to come back in D, the gearbox stay for some time in neutral...I have move several time the gear selector before engage again the gear...hopefully now is more clear...

13_gecko_rubi

Caught the Bug
Thanks!

No, sometimes when I’m driving in 4LO if I have to change from drive to back and than again If I try to come back in D, the gearbox stay for some time in neutral...I have move several time the gear selector before engage again the gear...hopefully now is more clear...

Mine does this sometimes. Subsumed wont go into reverse, sometimes stays in neutral. Very random. I added some fluid to trans. It is right to top of full mark if not overfilled a tad. That seemed to almost eliminate it. It seems to have started randomly doing it (very infrequent) so I'll probably add a little more. When it does do it I've found if I shut off jeep, open door, then shut and restart (to reboot) it seems to always work. Mine only does it when it's highly bound up so I think that's the issue but who knows. It does it maybe once every other wheeling trip so I just deal with it. Adding fluid last time made it happen maybe once every 4 trips.

Sent from my SM-G930V using WAYALIFE mobile app

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
LOL!! Talk about thread revival!

I should note that this happens on Rubicat, our 2012 JK. Turning off the engine and starting it up again has worked to get it going again.

Guascone

LOL…you are right…I started to search a solution for my problem more than two years ago…now I solved an issue and I think that the sharing of the solution it could be useful for all.

But…solved one issue, one more is jumped on…:(…again I’m now here to ask the help of WOL experience in order to solve it…

Last edited:
Top Bottom