Average TJ Build

It was a kit on amazon prime I think 75 for the two seat kit. I want to say it was Dorman. Came with beefy wiring and relays, no issues super happy with them, easy install.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

It finally came. Wooooo snow ❄️!

IMG_1292.jpg
Also if anyone else is looking into making the same mistake I did, remember without fenders you coat the entire sides of the jeep with tire spray, it even filled the door handle solid.
IMG_1298.jpg

Can’t wait for more to go play in.

Winter really sucked on bad tires. So I drank the kool aid and picked up a set of these. IMG_1694.jpg

Little more tread than the old ones.
IMG_1714.jpg

Mounted balanced and on.
IMG_1722.jpg

Gave the jeep a nice wash and got the blue off the tires.
IMG_1725.jpg

This is the cleanest these wheels have ever been since I’ve ran them. But there was still some permanent looking brake dust on them.
IMG_1727.jpg
IMG_1730.jpg

So being a big fan of eagle 1 products I picked up this stuff thought I’d give it a try.
IMG_1734.jpg

20 minutes a sponge and a hose later I am absolutely amazed with the results. I never knew these were polished finish! I always thought they were silver painted.
IMG_1728.jpg
IMG_1729.jpg
IMG_1744.jpg
IMG_1745.jpg

Uhh yeah. 6.99 WELL spent. Great product, smells horrible, doesn’t require any scrubbing, highly recommend.

Also did all ball joints and both front bearing hubs over the weekend. Need to regear for these 35s now as it still has the factory 3.07 gears. New extended thread lug nuts will be here in a few days so I can take these spacers off as the wheels already have plenty.

Looks much better on 35s. Was hesitant about putting the white letters facing out but it’s growing on me.
IMG_1743.jpg

Not too many issues to cure, I actually had good luck with mine, besides inability to remember to retorque them after a few hundred miles. Although I will admit that spacers will amplify any existing condition. I’m just glad that it’ll fit in a parking space again. 10.5” wheels super backspaced and 2” spacers was a bit ridiculous.

Jeep broken into the other night. Took a bunch of stuff. Broke open my center console and took shit out of that. Also the one time I forgot my wallet in the Jeep. What pisses me off most is it happened in my driveway. I miss growing up where we could leave doors unlocked and garage doors open, truly ridiculous.

Back on topic. Does anyone know where to get a bottom latch piece for the push button lock cylinder for a center console in a 97? I’ve looked and can’t find anything.

Also did some touch up painting, hoping to get some time this summer to fully strip the armor and hit it with the special epoxy paint used on rear bumper and then possibly raptor liner over it, maybe a different bedline. Also want to add some fenders if I have time, with the tires sticking out even rain just coats the windows, snow/slush is horrible.

IMG_0418.jpg IMG_0419.jpg

JKbrick

Jeep broken into the other night. Took a bunch of stuff. Broke open my center console and took shit out of that. Also the one time I forgot my wallet in the Jeep. What pisses me off most is it happened in my driveway. I miss growing up where we could leave doors unlocked and garage doors open, truly ridiculous.

Back on topic. Does anyone know where to get a bottom latch piece for the push button lock cylinder for a center console in a 97? I’ve looked and can’t find anything.

Also did some touch up painting, hoping to get some time this summer to fully strip the armor and hit it with the special epoxy paint used on rear bumper and then possibly raptor liner over it, maybe a different bedline. Also want to add some fenders if I have time, with the tires sticking out even rain just coats the windows, snow/slush is horrible.

View attachment 300665 View attachment 300666

Sorry about the break in, pisses me off too. Figures the one night your wallet was in there

I hate people. This world is a different place from 20 years ago.

It’s good to have the tops off, the weather this week has been awesome.

Yeah for sure. Used to be a nice neighborhood, we’d have block party’s where we closed off the street and setup picnic tables in the road and yard games and all that. Everyone used to look out for each other. Now it’s coming to the point where people pull in the garage and shut the door before even getting out of the car. The main lesson I learned here is keep some cash in your house, bc without my license and cards I had zero access to my bank, couldn’t prove it was me to pull cash out while waiting for the plastic to be replaced by mail. Luckily had $40 sitting around and was able to make that last long enough to get by.
Still haven’t been able to find anyone that carries the latch for the bottom of the lock cylinder.
I found out today that the stt pro have great grip in mud. Didn’t realize I parked in a decent depth of mud at work today, when i went to lunch I backed out like normal no spinning tires, turned onto the road and the tires just cleared themselves and coated like three cars around me with a nice coating of the brown stuff, I couldn’t stop laughing for for a solid 5 minutes, might be time for fender flares. 🤣

Top Bottom