Average TJ Build

I honestly have no idea what lake that is. I was so excited to get it back to fun drivable condition that I hopped in and took back roads for about an hour and ended up here. It's Michigan, no matter which way you go you'll end up at a lake :)

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

and the pictures are back! thanks to whoever posted up the photobucket trick of adding "~original" to the end of the IMG tag, i forgot who it was but its a life saver!

Picked up new engine mounts. But of course nothing can ever be easy. Bolt refused to let go of the old mount no amount of bashing with hammers torch or oil would get it out. So pulled out the sawzaw after an hour or so. Will pick a new bolt up tomorrow.
IMG_0641.jpg
IMG_0642.jpg
IMG_0638.jpg

This should be fine right? ;)
IMG_0639.jpg

Also noticed my diff is leaking, here's the current level. Guess i should probably fix that too
IMG_0636.jpg

This one im super proud of. Ever since I bought this thing my tailgate has been nearly unusable. It could wake the dead. On the upside I never had to lock it because opening it is louder than a car alarm. I couldn't just replace the hinge because the bolts would not budge and kept snapping Torx bit sockets.

https://youtu.be/S_mbFROVMFM

I found the secret online by accident. Drill a couple holes through the aluminum bars down to the steel pins and lubricate. Just pb blast and wd 40 weren't enough to break it loose I'm so I hit it with a propane torch for a couple minutes and then shot the pb in it. Worked the door open-closed and kept spraying pb in and finally it got quiet. Shoved some grease in the holes and here we are:

https://youtu.be/tZkUmWsxloA

Last edited:

buckweil

This one im super proud of. Ever since I bought this thing my tailgate has been nearly unusable. It could wake the dead. On the upside I never had to lock it because opening it is louder than a car alarm. I couldn't just replace the hinge because the bolts would not budge and kept snapping Torx bit sockets.

https://youtu.be/S_mbFROVMFM

I found the secret online by accident. Drill a couple holes through the aluminum bars down to the steel pins and lubricate. Just pb blast and wd 40 weren't enough to break it loose I'm so I hit it with a propane torch for a couple minutes and then shot the pb in it. Worked the door open-closed and kept spraying pb in and finally it got quiet. Shoved some grease in the holes and here we are:

https://youtu.be/tZkUmWsxloA

Omg mines just as terrible as yours used to be!! You're a life.. and ear saver!!

Omg mines just as terrible as yours used to be!! You're a life.. and ear saver!!

It's the friggen worst isn't it? I cringed every time I had to put up or down the window. I would've just replaced the hinges if I could. I'm excited about it now, I may even fix the metal and reinforce it and put the spare in it again

Last edited:

PT1400

I wonder if you could tap the hole and put one of those low profile grease inserts in there. Sure you'd have to use one of the needle tipped greasers but it might hold the grease in there longer.

Got a picture of where you had to drill the hole?

Got a picture of where you had to drill the hole?

You could easily tap and put a fitting on. But I had reached a point of "f it" and it's not a beauty queen anyways. I'm still surprised this worked. I'm guessing if you're more patient than me you only need a couple holes. I got a little excited.
IMG_0645.jpg
IMG_0646.jpg IMG_0647.jpg
IMG_0648.jpg

And got the engine mount in. Woot. IMG_0644.jpg

That sucks but good thing your jeep is OK.

Feel bad for the kid driving the Jetta that car is toast. Didn't have to happen. An excited emergency responder darted across the busiest street in the city without checking cross traffic and this Jetta paid the price. As well as a car in the next lane over.

buckweil

It's the friggen worst isn't it? I cringed every time I had to put up or down the window. I would've just replaced the hinges if I could. I'm excited about it now, I may even fix the metal and reinforce it and put the spare in it again

I'm sure I COULD get new hinges BUT there's more important things lol. Thanks for the tip.

That sucks but good thing your jeep is OK.

Yeah it sucks. Is what it is I suppose. Wasn't avoidable, no injuries, but still sucks. Both PIAA lights are shot. Winch is fine. Winch plate looks fine. I'll check the frame in the light tomorrow, make sure the grille still lines up poorly as normal, check that the tow hooks are still bolted properly and no bends in the bolts. Doesn't look like I will be making a claim, I'm just out 200 bucks on lights and hope insurance rates don't go up :-/

The real reason I put on armor on my jeep. Bring it on shitty parking teenagers at Applebee's.
IMG_0777.jpg
Good luck getting in. And yes I took a picture of their plate incase they want to buy me a new soft top ;)

Top Bottom