Axle build or swap it? Help!

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Yezzir, most helpful. I was going to upgrade my axles, but I got scared off by the notion that if I do I might grenade my pinion instead. When you say a "standard set of chromoly shafts" you mean something like Ten Factory shafts?

Yes, just standard u-joints and nothing exotic like RCV's. They have really really strong rzeppa joints and you'll break everything else before you break them. Trust me, I have seen it.

JAGS

Hooked
Toyo and Nitto make some of the best tires around bar none. I personally would definitely choose between either of them.

If I may high jack a second. From what I hear and read, both perform nearly equally. If you could, which might you give the edge offroad? Which would you give the edge to onroad.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
If I may high jack a second. From what I hear and read, both perform nearly equally. If you could, which might you give the edge offroad? Which would you give the edge to onroad.

After having run all 3, I'd have to say that the Nitto Mud Grapplers definitely have the edge on the rocks. The Trail Grapplers are a close second. The Toyo Open Country MT's are a great off road tire too but, have the edge onroad.

jmm176

Yezzir, most helpful. I was going to upgrade my axles, but I got scared off by the notion that if I do I might grenade my pinion instead. When you say a "standard set of chromoly shafts" you mean something like Ten Factory shafts?

Ive heard of drag racers doing this and saw a discovery channel show
about it once, so I thought throw this in as a way to make week points much stronger-Cryogenic treatment.

http://www.fourwheeler.com/techarticles/drivetrain/129_0705_cryogenic_gear_treatment/

Top Bottom