Axle not centered...

jeeeep

Hooked
I think we're all confused, is there a lift on your Jeep or is it stock?

Are the pics stock suspension or post- lift?

jmatta33

Okay, just checking. All things being equal, there is only ONE thing that keeps your axle centered under your Jeep and that's your track bar. Either what you have is bent, your frame side mount is bent or you got way more lift out of your kit than you were expecting. If everything checks out and nothing is bent, you need an adjustable track bar to re-center your axle.

It was a salvage title that was hit on the passenger side. I was told the frame was checked and everything was fine, but I never got documentation so that could have been bullshit. I think ill start with getting another track bar to put up next to mine to ensure its not bent. If thats not the case I may have to just pay someone to check the frame.

jmatta33

I think we're all confused, is there a lift on your Jeep or is it stock?

Are the pics stock suspension or post- lift?

the pictures are post leveling kit. but it was the same way before the leveling kit, it is just w little more pronounced now because of the longer springs. im still running stock rubicon shocks with them but its not a full lift kit, just 2" plush rides that come with the EVO leveling kit. total lift gained in the front was 2.5". but it was still off from the start with stock springs and shocks...

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
It was a salvage title that was hit on the passenger side. I was told the frame was checked and everything was fine, but I never got documentation so that could have been bullshit. I think ill start with getting another track bar to put up next to mine to ensure its not bent. If thats not the case I may have to just pay someone to check the frame.

Ah! I guess I missed the part about your Jeep being a salvage and that it got hit on the passenger side. If I could guess, the forward most cross member is slightly bent. It's a tube with bends in it already and so it would be difficult to see if it was bent more than normal. Assuming everything else about your Jeep is fine, I would just get an adjustable front track bar and call it a day.

jmatta33

Ah! I guess I missed the part about your Jeep being a salvage and that it got hit on the passenger side. If I could guess, the forward most cross member is slightly bent. It's a tube with bends in it already and so it would be difficult to see if it was bent more than normal. Assuming everything else about your Jeep is fine, I would just get an adjustable front track bar and call it a day.

Fair enough. im going to get under it and do some thorough inspecting after it starts to dry off from the rain last night and see if I can find some potential indicators of what the problem could be. Any recommendations on adjustable track bars?

jeeeep

Hooked
Fair enough. im going to get under it and do some thorough inspecting after it starts to dry off from the rain last night and see if I can find some potential indicators of what the problem could be. Any recommendations on adjustable track bars?

I have Synergy but wouldn't recommend it, the heim joint is noisy and way it's designed I have to check it often.

Before my wreck I had Clayton Offroad adjustable track bar with johnny joint, I liked it much better over the Synergy

look for a TB with Johnny joint end and bonded bushing - heim joints and poly bushings are too squeaky

Last edited:

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Of all the track bars I have installed and tested out, I liked the JKS as it had bonded rubber bushings on both ends. Clayton was a good choice too. I would just try to stay away from ones that have polyurethane bushings or heims as they tend to get noisy. I would also stay away from ones that only have one bend in them like Rubicon Express as they tend to have clearance issues with the diff and bend even more. I would also stay away from TeraFlex as I have flat out seen them break and, while they will take care of you, they will say it was your fault.

jmatta33

Of all the track bars I have installed and tested out, I liked the JKS as it had bonded rubber bushings on both ends. Clayton was a good choice too. I would just try to stay away from ones that have polyurethane bushings or heims as they tend to get noisy. I would also stay away from ones that only have one bend in them like Rubicon Express as they tend to have clearance issues with the diff and bend even more. I would also stay away from TeraFlex as I have flat out seen them break and, while they will take care of you, they will say it was your fault.

Ive been on the forum long enough to know not to use ANYTHING from teraflex lol. I'll probably go with the Clayton or JKS. Thanks for all the help and advice guys!

jmatta33

Lol, that's brand loyalty right there.

Yeah he's all about some synergy. But at the end if the day its his money and theres no way to stop him from buying lesser quality parts if thats what he wants lol. No worries though, I will NOT be investing any money into synergy products!

Top Bottom