Axle shafts for 37's

Mitch

I believe G2 took over Foote.

And Revolution took over superior.

Or other way around? Something like that. :cheesy: In any case, different companies, but use the old plants/manufacturing from the previous company. Not just a name change if that makes sense.

Found some infos on pirate 4x4 and also here from Steve and looks like you are correct.
But I hate the prices in Germany or till those things are here....... and do we have a higher income ? no we pay 50% tax and mandatory insurance on our income and additional 19% sales tax. And the prices are higher anyway........

G2 now belongs to Transamerican..... but so does PSC
And for the Superior shafts I pay more then you guys for RCV´s
Desicions desicions..... but dealership is waiting for the parts........ and I hope they are right that only the shafts are damaged and the housing isn´t bent and ok.

VeruGE*144

Caught the Bug
Wow, good toilet read lol [emoji23]

I know this thread is old but instead of starting a new one I’ll just post In here and I demand everybody on here to respond and educate my ignorant ass [emoji854]

I have a 2014 Rubicon with about 57K miles on my factory shafts and about half that with 37s, no noise form unjoints up front yet and visually everything still looks good with the half circle clips. On the rear, maybe a very very slightly bend flange that I can see by eye when rotating the shaft with the wheel and rotors of.

I might be going for a trip to Arizona (which is over 1K miles for me) next month to explore and wheel easy to moderate trails. I was thinking if it would be a good idea to upgrade my axle shafts to prevent break on the trail and, have to divorce my wife in the process of trying to get us back to civilization if something does break.

If I do upgrade it’ll either be Revolution or Ten Factory shafts.

Now the question is, are 32 spline shafts be enough or should I be looking into upgrading to 35 spline. I know going 35 spline will require a lot more work, time and money and I won’t be able to do it myself since I the carrier/locker has to be replaced to accept those.

Also how many miles do you folks get on average form stock shafts?

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Wow, good toilet read lol [emoji23]

I know this thread is old but instead of starting a new one I’ll just post In here and I demand everybody on here to respond and educate my ignorant ass [emoji854]

I have a 2014 Rubicon with about 57K miles on my factory shafts and about half that with 37s, no noise form unjoints up front yet and visually everything still looks good with the half circle clips. On the rear, maybe a very very slightly bend flange that I can see by eye when rotating the shaft with the wheel and rotors of.

I might be going for a trip to Arizona (which is over 1K miles for me) next month to explore and wheel easy to moderate trails. I was thinking if it would be a good idea to upgrade my axle shafts to prevent break on the trail and, have to divorce my wife in the process of trying to get us back to civilization if something does break.

If I do upgrade it’ll either be Revolution or Ten Factory shafts.

Now the question is, are 32 spline shafts be enough or should I be looking into upgrading to 35 spline. I know going 35 spline will require a lot more work, time and money and I won’t be able to do it myself since I the carrier/locker has to be replaced to accept those.

Also how many miles do you folks get on average form stock shafts?

If you're gonna break a shaft, it'll most likely be your driver side front. Being that it's so short, it's always the first to go and I lost mine at about 14k on Rubicat. That being said, I ran my factory passenger side shaft for about 70k miles before upgrading to a chromoly shafts with full circle clips - I STILL carry my factory passenger side shaft as a spare. Regarding your rear shafts, a bent flange doesn't mean it'll break. In fact, I've rarely seen a factory shaft break for anything - just bend at the flange and be annoying as hell. In other words, if it were me, I'd save your money and just run what you have but then, that's just me.

VeruGE*144

Caught the Bug
If you're gonna break a shaft, it'll most likely be your driver side front. Being that it's so short, it's always the first to go and I lost mine at about 14k on Rubicat. That being said, I ran my factory passenger side shaft for about 70k miles before upgrading to a chromoly shafts with full circle clips - I STILL carry my factory passenger side shaft as a spare. Regarding your rear shafts, a bent flange doesn't mean it'll break. In fact, I've rarely seen a factory shaft break for anything - just bend at the flange and be annoying as hell. In other words, if it were me, I'd save your money and just run what you have but then, that's just me.

Thanks Eddie, I am thinking I’ll just stick with what have. I remember reading somewhere that 2012 and up Rubicons came with beefier shafts than previous models, so I have slightly more hope of not breaking one. I just always get nervous when I have to give it some skinny pedal to get over an obstacle and wheels start to spin before the Jeep starts to move.
I know I read that plenty of times but, if I do happen to snap a shaft, is ok to remove it and have the wheel supported only by the unit bearing? I am also assuming I shouldn’t be in 4wd after removing the broken shaft.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Thanks Eddie, I am thinking I’ll just stick with what have. I remember reading somewhere that 2012 and up Rubicons came with beefier shafts than previous models, so I have slightly more hope of not breaking one. I just always get nervous when I have to give it some skinny pedal to get over an obstacle and wheels start to spin before the Jeep starts to move.
I know I read that plenty of times but, if I do happen to snap a shaft, is ok to remove it and have the wheel supported only by the unit bearing? I am also assuming I shouldn’t be in 4wd after removing the broken shaft.

Yes, if you were to break a front shaft, you can pull the shaft, plug the tube and go. Unlike a TJ before, you would not have problems with the unit bearings. But, I really doubt that you'll have any issues.

Top Bottom