Balancing Beads

it takes 6 months for parts to arrive from the usa to finish my build so I can report back for some interwebz bashing

You guys don't have airsoft bb's there? or literally any other form of plastic balls? Don't waste (more of) your money on special tire "balancing beads"
Also, Australian offroaders make us (at least me) look like we drive on pavement, why do you have to order from US? Would assume there are plenty of companies down there with stock of everything.

2nd.gunman

Caught the Bug
You guys don't have airsoft bb's there? or literally any other form of plastic balls? Don't waste (more of) your money on special tire "balancing beads"
Also, Australian offroaders make us (at least me) look like we drive on pavement, why do you have to order from US? Would assume there are plenty of companies down there with stock of everything.

Yes and no.... there’s plenty of off road shops here but they are mainly aimed at the land cruiser/patrol market and dual cab utes. Not a lot of locally made jeep parts or Jeep shops and it’s generally cheaper to just buy direct from the states.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

highoctane

Caught the Bug
I tried balancing beads once when I had 37” Goodyear MT/R Kevlars. It didn’t work for me. At all. But the MT/R Kevlars are such a low build quality garbage tire that nothing I tried worked when trying to balance them. So I guess YMMV.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

POOJEEP

I have balancing beads in my 35 km2s. I went with them because we have used them a lot in the OTR trucks with great results and I had slightly bent wheels. I did throw my tires/wheels on a balancer first to get an idea of how much weight i needed for each tire and then put in an appropriate amount. I have had no issues with mine feeling out of balance or making noise, no cupping and no bad wear at this point. But I do hear of lots of people having the issues described in the previous comments.

I have balancing beads in my 35 km2s. I went with them because we have used them a lot in the OTR trucks with great results and I had slightly bent wheels. I did throw my tires/wheels on a balancer first to get an idea of how much weight i needed for each tire and then put in an appropriate amount. I have had no issues with mine feeling out of balance or making noise, no cupping and no bad wear at this point. But I do hear of lots of people having the issues described in the previous comments.

IMG_5911.jpg

POOJEEP!!!! [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23] Glad you’re here brother.

jdofmemi

I have ran the beads in tires on my Peterbilt.

While they seemed to work there, I had occasions where the beads would foul the Schrader valve when checking air pressure, causing the once full tire to let it's air out while driving.

Just a caution if you choose to run them, make sure to put a bubble on the valve core after airing up or down to avoid a nasty surprise.

I just got some beadlocks and 37" coopers. I was looking into balancing beads but I figured I'd mount them up first and see if there was any vibration. Nope, no need for weights or beads.

Clearskies

Caught the Bug
Welcome! Its about time.. [emoji16]

Sent from my SM-N960U using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom