BANDIT - 2023 Jeep JT Gladiator Rubicon

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I keep telling myself I will not change the stock JT, I bought a Sport for a reason and got lucky to find on with tow max.
It has a working purpose but then I see one on 37's and proper lift and all those thoughts go to shit.
I get many vendor emails - "You left something behind" šŸ¤Ŗ
Resistance if futile here as well. You know it's only a matter of time before you give in :ROFLMAO:
I would say 37ā€™s look perfect on a Wrangler and 40ā€™s on a JTā€¦ but in Eddies case, he can just get a license plate frame that reads ā€œMy other JT is on 42ā€™s.ā€
:ROFLMAO: Truth!!!

If not for the fact that I already have a fun but otherwise useless JT, I would run no smaller than a 40.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
It should be possible to get a tax write-off for the modifications since this truck is basically a farm utility vehicle used as part of the business.
They donā€™t own and operate a farm. Also wouldnā€™t all their vehicles be a write off? Donā€™t you think they have looked into tax breaks at this point after being in business for 20 plus years?
What OverlanderJK said ^^^ We don't own and operate a farm. What we have is a glorified garden for Cindy.

Dale72

Hooked
Even though I don't have a good level place to install the lift on mine. I like watching the install videos. I have gone back and watched pretty much all of your install videos a few times. Here's how my driveway is

Attachments

• 20230808_114143.jpg
    20230808_114143.jpg
    187.1 KB · Views: 3
Last edited:

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Here's a look at what's going to get installed on BANDIT, an EVO 4.5" Enforcer Stage 3 Overland Lift Kit with Bilstein shocks (y)

20240421132552-f52b4964.jpg

I should note that the kit does come with corner specific coils which is something that I do like.
20240421132601-fd936a19.jpg

In addition to what you would expect to come with a kit like this, such as bump stop extensions and extended sway bar links, it also comes with new stainless steel extended brake lines and carrier bearing drop bracket.
20240421132602-55d74f00.jpg

Now, I would be the first to say that I was never too thrilled with the original EVO track bars and was happy to see they've made some serious improvements them. Compared to what they had before, these things have been beefed up quite a bit and are physically a lot heavier too. I even like how much bigger the joint ends are and the all new adjustment collar.
20240421132557-2eddf97d.jpg

As you can see here, a track bar relocation bracket is included as well.
20240421132603-16052690.jpg

To help dial in caster and set pinion angle, heavy duty front adjustable lower control arms and rear adjustable upper control arms are included as well.
20240421132559-edd4acc3.jpg

And, last but not least, we opted to get this kit with the standard Bilstein shocks as opposed to the upgraded Kings. For our purposes, I think these will get the job done just fine.
20240421132559-61c9cc69.jpg

Anyway, I hope to show you what all this looks like installed as soon as I can :cool:

Dale72

Hooked
Since I ordered it a component at a time I ended up with the 4.5 Enforcer Overland stage 4. But I got the Synergy track bars instead. Plus I got the Synergy tie rod and drag link.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Awesome! Glad they finally changed the track bars. Was not a fan at all. These are much better. 4.5ā€ is gonna look great!
Thanks and yes, I'm super glad they changed up the design. I was already looking to replace it before I opened up the box.
Is that track bar rod end a new change from their crappy old design or have they had it a while?
The ends have been redesigned but I'm not 100% sure that the bushings were changed as well. The axle end is definitely bonded rubber and I do like that but the frame end looks like it may still be a spherical joint. If so and if it hasn't been upgraded, it'll most likely still blow just like their old style ones.

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
Thanks and yes, I'm super glad they changed up the design. I was already looking to replace it before I opened up the box.

The ends have been redesigned but I'm not 100% sure that the bushings were changed as well. The axle end is definitely bonded rubber and I do like that but the frame end looks like it may still be a spherical joint. If so and if it hasn't been upgraded, it'll most likely still blow just like their old style ones.
Kind of looks like the old spherical joints on the hood factory track bars from back in the early JK days.

This is the crappy one I was talking about.
1713734715454.jpeg

waynem

Nice looking kit. Not doing drop brackets ? I know you aren't a fan but they do help with the geometry and if Bandit isn't your go to rock crawler maybe its worth it ?

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Nice looking kit. Not doing drop brackets ? I know you aren't a fan but they do help with the geometry and if Bandit isn't your go to rock crawler maybe its worth it ?
I don't ever recall saying that we wouldn't be rock crawling this Jeep. If anything, I'm pretty sure that I said we would and that is why we got it as a Rubicon. But, we ALSO wanted it to be more functional and this is something that our BIG Gladiator isn't.

That said, I am considering installing drop brackets but wanted to at least test things out without them first, just to get a real side by side feel/comparison of things.

Top Bottom