Baseball 2018

TheGrendel

well, we are about a 1/3 the way through the season depending on where your team is located. NE and MW teams have seen a rather larger share of delayed games. Minnesota 43 games while Houston 48 games played.

Stros have the best starting rotation in baseball and it ain't close. It has a chance of being one of the all time greats. However, the bats have not been nearly as good as last year. We will see how that plays out.
A strong AL West overall (excluding the dreadful Rangers) has been a surprise.

The Yanks and Bosox are both likely going to win 100 plus games and one will wind up in a 1 game WC playoff most likely against an AL West team (Seattle or LAA). The Stros might wind up with the lucky break here by not ending up with the best record in the AL and getting to play the AL central champ.

Speaking of AL Central, it's just not a good division right now. Cleveland is probably going to need to make some moves to improve the team.

I can't say as much about he NL since I don't keep up with it as much now that the Stros are an AL team. But, overall it looks stout in all divisions. Crazy thing is it seems the Dodgers are broken after last years WS.

ChiliDawg

Braves kicking ass and taking names. About time, it's been a painful few years. They're a very exciting team this year.

dillard09

The red sox and the yankees are going to be exciting to watch the rest of the year. The Yankees line up is scary good.
And its going to be something else to have 2 teams from the same division win 100+ games and one of them have to play in the wild card game.
Im believe its an American league year this year! The AL is looking so strong in all divisions but the central.
Go Sox! Sweet Caroline!!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using WAYALIFE mobile app

TheGrendel

The red sox and the yankees are going to be exciting to watch the rest of the year. The Yankees line up is scary good.
And its going to be something else to have 2 teams from the same division win 100+ games and one of them have to play in the wild card game.
Im believe its an American league year this year! The AL is looking so strong in all divisions but the central.
Go Sox! Sweet Caroline!!

Stros finally put up some runs at home last night. 11-2 victory over the Giants. We actually got some help from our 6-9 spots and it shows up big time on the scoreboard.

dillard09

Stros finally put up some runs at home last night. 11-2 victory over the Giants. We actually got some help from our 6-9 spots and it shows up big time on the scoreboard.
Its always good to to get the bottom of the lineup going. They just need to find a way on base so the top and middle can get up with me in scoring position. Completly differnet approach for both a hitter and pitcher.

ChiliDawg

Go Sox! Sweet Caroline!!

Eh, I don't know about that. A lot of those Yankee and Red Sox wins are against the AL Central. The AL Central which has more losing teams than the entire National League combined. The NL is much more competitive from top to bottom, the AL is just top-heavy. And it's not just the Central, the AL East has three teams under .500.

Last edited:

dillard09

Eh, I don't know about that. A lot of those Yankee and Red Sox wins are against the AL Central. The AL Central which has more losing teams than the entire National League combined. The NL is much more competitive from top to bottom, the AL is just top-heavy. And it's not just the Central, the AL East has three teams under .500.
You could be rite that the NL is better top to bottom if you are watching on TV cause you will get a good game no matter who is playing. But those top 3 in the AL (Sox, Yanks, Stros) are the going to be tough to beat by any team AL or NL.

ChiliDawg

You could be rite that the NL is better top to bottom if you are watching on TV cause you will get a good game no matter who is playing. But those top 3 in the AL (Sox, Yanks, Stros) are the going to be tough to beat by any team AL or NL.

Well the Braves play the Red Sox this weekend so we'll see in Fenway this weekend so we'll see.

Fun fact for those interested in baseball history - the Braves were the original Boston baseball franchise (they were originally the Red Stockings and then the Bean eaters), and were the league's dominant team in the late 19th century, winning 8 pennants, 5 of them in the 1890's alone (the Orioles won 2).

jesse3638

Hooked
Go Sox! Sweet Caroline!!

Let's go Red Sox!

Sent from my 2PYB2 using WAYALIFE mobile app

TheGrendel

Stros continued the current Houston ownage of the bay area. 4-1 today over the giants. another oakland warriors beating due up next. :clap2:

Top Bottom