Battle of the Shocks

Benito

Caught the Bug
You think the ride is great... I just installed mine a week ago I had wore out RC shocks and I'm amazed at how stiff the fox shocks are.... I guess it's all about what you get used to View attachment 185635

Well I'm pretty sure your not running plush ride springs that come with the Evo enforcer,because that doesn't look like the rear axle of a JK. That being said, the OP is asking about plush ride coil shock combinations, and in my opinion the fox shocks paired great with them. maybe a stiffer shock pairs better with plush ride coils.

So I've run, EMU, King's, Stock Rubicon and now Bilstein 5000's over the years. My experience has been that the EMU are really the most plush feeling, but that is from memory over 9 yrs ago; Kings with reservoirs definitely for off road not too pleasant on road and Bilsteins slightly firmer than the Stock Rubicons. Personally, I like the firmer feeling of my current Bilstein 5000's and most importantly my wife and kids doesn't think the bilsteins are too harsh. Hope this helps.

Absolutely thank you! The bilsteins you run now how are they as far as pot holes and speed bumps just general everyday driving?

PrestonBarringer

Well I'm pretty sure your not running plush ride springs that come with the Evo enforcer,because that doesn't look like the rear axle of a JK. That being said, the OP is asking about plush ride coil shock combinations, and in my opinion the fox shocks paired great with them. maybe a stiffer shock pairs better with plush ride coils.

Your probably right about the springs I still have RC springs on my TJ

Roverrich

Absolutely thank you! The bilsteins you run now how are they as far as pot holes and speed bumps just general everyday driving?

To me no issues, firm thuds and not bone jarring. YMMV and remember I have a lot of weight w/ mid length front bumper / winch, rear full bumper, tire carrier and 35" tires, those all factor in. I would bet that if you had a lighter truck, the ride would be a tad firmer.

To me no issues, firm thuds and not bone jarring. YMMV and remember I have a lot of weight w/ mid length front bumper / winch, rear full bumper, tire carrier and 35" tires, those all factor in. I would bet that if you had a lighter truck, the ride would be a tad firmer.

Sweet! Thanks I appreciate it!

So you're saying you don't like the 5100s but prefer the EMU? I havnt heard to much about EMU maybe another option I could look into

joedelalinea

I can give my feedback on 3 sets of shocks

I had some Procomp 7000 and I hated them, they are too bouncy and miss the "absorber" part in the shock absorber name.
Now I run with the new type 'with the black cover on the front shocks) EMU Nitro Sport shock and I love them, they're soft and filter all the road's roughness.

A friend of mine has a set of 5100 (he's got a CRD JKU) and they're too firm for me.

Same thing here. EMU shocks ride awesome! They might not be rebuild able. But who cares about that. They're not that expensive

T&ERun

LOSER
Is there a Rancho 9000 with 11-11.5" travel for the JK? I've looked and have only found up to 10.5" travel.

Desert Crawler

I run Fox reservoirs with adjusters turned down fairly soft. I have never had Kings which I hear fantastic reviews, but have ran Rancho, Bilstein, and Stock Rubicons. These Fox's are the best shocks I have ever run. I highly recommend adjustables (fox or rancho depending on your budget) so you can easily tune them yourself to get the feel you like.

I have a 3" lift and run the rancho 9000's they are great! I am very happy with them. The price wasn't to crazy and I have the front set at 3 and the rear at 5.

Top Bottom