be careful when you get a warn zeon platinum winch

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
It's not required but I was going to go out by myself this weekend and now I have to compansate my trip because now I can't rely on my gear.

So it is or isn’t required. You said it was “basically required” and “not required”. I would say go do what you had planned because it seems as though it’s probably easier than you think it is.

I think that winch works for 97% of people.

Lol

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

wjtstudios

Hooked
Have you tried resetting the Bluetooth connection? Go to this screen Image1512836678.345070.jpg
Select the lower left corner. Make sure the green light is flashing and follow the instructions. If that doesn’t work, Have you checked to make sure you are getting into power to the winch?

wjtstudios

Hooked
As far as the platinum series goes, I could not be happier with mine. I moved up from the Zeon 10s after I had water incursion into motor housing. I had the 10s repaired, but with the waterlogged trails we have here in Michigan, I upgraded. The platinum series has a higher waterproof rating than the zeon.

Secondly, the wireless control is a great feature in my opinion. I was hesitant too before I ordered it not having a hardwired control( and there is NOT an hardwired option on the platinum) but it has worked flawlessly. I have damaged a 4 pin connector on a warn by leaving it plugged in on the trails and running the cord into the cab. It got hung up on branches and broke the plug housing at the winch. Totally my fault, but now it’s one less thing to worry about.

My only complaint with the whole system is the wireless controller battery does hold a charge. With the unit turned off and in the glove box, it will be dead in a week. I haven’t questioned warn on this yet. But you can just plug the usb in and it powers right up. Your just wired in. I just make sure it’s charging when head out to a run.

III%er

So it is or isn’t required. You said it was “basically required” and “not required”. I would say go do what you had planned because it seems as though it’s probably easier than you think it is.

Lol

That's what I did, I just didn't go on any tough trails. The problem was I went out on my own.

III%er

Have you tried resetting the Bluetooth connection? Go to this screen View attachment 285373
Select the lower left corner. Make sure the green light is flashing and follow the instructions. If that doesn’t work, Have you checked to make sure you are getting into power to the winch?

Yep did all that and still nothing, and yes the green light in the back on the switch is blinking. But thanks.

III%er

All is well, apparently there was a glitch in the system. I had to disconnect all the electrical, shut the controller off. Then reconnect and re "pair". Winch is working great now thanks to the guys and gals at Warn.:thumb:

Note: when pairing the controller to winch brain make sure to follow all the steps. After I got everything ready to pair the two parts, I missed a step and almost pulled out the little bit of hair I have left on my head. :doh:
Then I did it a second time correctly and the thing is working like a well oiled machine.:thumb:

JKbrick

All is well, apparently there was a glitch in the system. I had to disconnect all the electrical, shut the controller off. Then reconnect and re "pair". Winch is working great now thanks to the guys and gals at Warn.:thumb:

Note: when pairing the controller to winch brain make sure to follow all the steps. After I got everything ready to pair the two parts, I missed a step and almost pulled out the little bit of hair I have left on my head. :doh:
Then I did it a second time correctly and the thing is working like a well oiled machine.:thumb:

That’s good news [emoji106]

WJCO

Meme King

Glad to hear you got it fixed so quickly after contacting them.

III%er

Now I'm stuck at work waiting for time to pass so I can race home home in awesome L.A. traffic to get familiar with it.:bored01:

Distilled version.

Guy caveman opens winch packaging. Doesn’t read directions. Installs winch. Blames winch manufacturer because cavemen don’t have time for Bluetooth pairing.

fiend

Caught the Bug
Distilled version.

Guy caveman opens winch packaging. Doesn’t read directions. Installs winch. Blames winch manufacturer because cavemen don’t have time for Bluetooth pairing.

You forgot the reboot, which as we all know is the universal solution for any problem with an electronic device.

III%er

I knew that eventually there would be a post or two to try and bring someone down base on their own assumption of what transpired. Congratulations.

WJCO

Meme King
Distilled version.

I knew that eventually there would be a post or two to try and bring someone down base on their own assumption of what transpired. Congratulations.

Ummm......That's exactly what happened. Has nothing to do with bringing someone down. Either way, glad you got it fixed.

JAGS

Hooked
Distilled version.

Saw distilled version in the preview and thought this was a whiskey post. Never mind. [emoji6]🥃

I forgot to read the IKEA instructions once. Ended up building an elephant instead of an entertainment center.

wjtstudios

Hooked
When you post up a discrediting title for your topic with out attempting to ask for help from this forum or of Warn (which has some of the best products and customer service in our world) you should expect some back lash. If you had exhausted all options and the thing didn’t work and it had been a horrible experience, then post something like this up and to help others down the road from making the same mistake. Don’t go and fly off the handle and potentially steer someone away from a great product or company.

Top Bottom