Beadlocks or axle

JK_Dave

Caught the Bug
Get the 60 and save up for the beadlocks. I have Slabs now on stock axles and wish I had gone with 60's first.

TrainWreck618

Caught the Bug
If your max tire size will be 37's, then why not keep the 44 rear and get beadlocks. You could always upgrade shafts to add some strength. If your plans are 40's, then save up for the 60/60 and get beadlocks then.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

MTG

Caught the Bug
I don't think beadlocks are really that necessary and frankly are a bit of a pain in the ass. If I had to do it over I'd put my money towards axles first.

jeffj

Caught the Bug
If your max tire size will be 37's, then why not keep the 44 rear and get beadlocks. You could always upgrade shafts to add some strength. If your plans are 40's, then save up for the 60/60 and get beadlocks then.

I definitely understand your reasoning, because I went that way with my 2012 and really it served me well. But in hind sight I dumped a lot of money into the 44 that over time would of paid for the 60 and I would not of had a lot of the head aches I had with the 44. I spent money on sleeves, gussets, control arm skids, 4 sets of ball joints and new RCV's. Not to mention the constant maintenance with ball joints and replacing the hub bearing almost every 8 months. With that said I would go with a 60 and not look back.

Mybadjk

Caught the Bug
So.... what did you end up going with?????

I haven't decided yet.. too indecisive. Was trying to get beadlocks off sdg but we were both busy with weddings. I'm planning on getting both. Just can't decide which one I want to buy first. I believe either one will be on sale during Black Friday.

Mybadjk

Caught the Bug
So I going with beadlocks.. buying SDG slabs with ridge grapplers. Then buying the wife a vehicle. I figured I'm not going anywhere and doing any trails other than the local ones too me. So I'm planning on buying a pro rock during winter and installing it before ejs.

Mybadjk

Caught the Bug
So my dilemma now is.. stick with getting a semi float pr60 and stick with 37s. Or buy full float 60s to run 40s. I know theirs a big difference in price.

Priced out xd 60s, hydro and wheels and it's roughly 20k+

Was considering buying coilovers and long arms before I buy the 60s. Mainly long arms.

Or stick with buying the pr60, coilovers, and long arms, hydro and in a couple years but full floats.

aermotor

At this point it just sounds like you're discussing it with yourself lol and still in a huge dilemma all over.

Mybadjk

Caught the Bug
At this point it just sounds like you're discussing it with yourself lol and still in a huge dilemma all over.

Yeah I'm too damn indecisive. lol want 60s but don't want to spend the money. Lol but I know I'll buy the pr60 and be like I should of bought 60s. If I ended up getting a pr60, all in all how much I've spent on rehearing and building a front 44 housing I could of bought 60s.

J

JKDream

So my dilemma now is.. stick with getting a semi float pr60 and stick with 37s. Or buy full float 60s to run 40s. I know theirs a big difference in price.

Priced out xd 60s, hydro and wheels and it's roughly 20k+

Was considering buying coilovers and long arms before I buy the 60s. Mainly long arms.

Or stick with buying the pr60, coilovers, and long arms, hydro and in a couple years but full floats.

That's a lot of money for an inch of ground clearance.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using WAYALIFE mobile app

RSQCON

...ll in all how much I've spent on rehearing and building a front 44 housing I could of bought 60s.
This is a pretty common issue that I feel like many people do not consider or may know know about when they start building. Granted some people may not be able to afford a full build and may need to piece their build together one part at a time. My suggestion is to stop the bleeding now. I don't know you but you're already talking about wanting 40s and my guess is you won't be happy till you get there. If that is your ultimate goal don't put another penny into your axles and certainly don't waste money on a semi float 60. Do what you need to do and save up for a pair of 60s. Don't waste your money on the higher priced XD axles and don't buy a set of beadlocks that won't bolt up to full float 60s. I say save up for the 60s and new wheels and if you don't have money for the hydro or 40s at that time just run your 37s on the factory steering box until the day you can afford the rest. I just built my Jeep and while I was able to do everything at once my motto is never change something that you know you'll have to upgrade again later.

Mybadjk

Caught the Bug
This is a pretty common issue that I feel like many people do not consider or may know know about when they start building. Granted some people may not be able to afford a full build and may need to piece their build together one part at a time. My suggestion is to stop the bleeding now. I don't know you but you're already talking about wanting 40s and my guess is you won't be happy till you get there. If that is your ultimate goal don't put another penny into your axles and certainly don't waste money on a semi float 60. Do what you need to do and save up for a pair of 60s. Don't waste your money on the higher priced XD axles and don't buy a set of beadlocks that won't bolt up to full float 60s. I say save up for the 60s and new wheels and if you don't have money for the hydro or 40s at that time just run your 37s on the factory steering box until the day you can afford the rest. I just built my Jeep and while I was able to do everything at once my motto is never change something that you know you'll have to upgrade again later.

That is true. It's the same thing with the evo armor. Wanted it all but went different route. Happy now with my 1/4 pounder and corners. Planning on eventually selling the lod bumper and buying the evo carrier like I originally wanted. With the 6k I spent on regearing and building the front it would of been half the 60s. I have slabs already. But I think I could recoup 6k for axles and slabs. So you're right, I should just go with 60s.

dalearyous

why not buy Fusion 4x4 axles and have money to possibly do both.

i do agree with many here though, if 37s is as big as you are going to go a well built D44 and careful skinny pedal should do well.

Top Bottom