Because Clearance Matters - Dynatrac Pro Rock 60 vs. Competition

These are really cool when the "overlanders" start the vehicle, turn the heater on to warm up the tent, and the exhaust either kills them or the heat from the tailpipe lights the tent on fire.

:cheesy: And those silly overlander hats and clothing look fairly combustible, so I can see how that wouldn't work out for them...

GCM 2

Eddie, I hope you don't mind that I have cut/pasted this from Dynatrac's response to another forum member on the JK Forum. The gist of the question was "how does a shaved D60 stack up to a PR60?", Dynatrac's response below has come up in many threads in the past, but really is telling of why so many of us spend our hard earned money on a set of ProRock 60's.

Great video!! Thanks Eddie!

Regarding a shaved 60:
It's not just the lowest point of the PR60 that adds clearance. The entire housing is designed for maximum clearance everywhere below the axle tubes. We did this but yet increased the overall rigidity of the housing. By keeping the cover in the back it allowed us to improve strength across the top of the housing to prevent housing flex (and accompanying gear mesh issues). The top of the housing can be subjected to huge pressures especially during high speed desert type wheeling.

The clearance difference is even more pronounced when compared to a fabbed 9" housing.

The Dynatrac housing in blue is overlaid onto the green fabricated 9" custom housing.

Attachments

• image-654765589.jpg
    image-654765589.jpg
    153.9 KB · Views: 47
Last edited:

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Actually, I'm glad you posted that up as I was planning to do the same. :thumb:

I talked to jim yesterday to ask about how the prorock 60 measures up to a dana 44 and I think people would be amazed to see this...

!cid_image001_jpg@01CD48C3.jpg

The Dynatrac ProRock60 in shown in grey and the blue represents a stock JK Dana 44. Both housings are aligned at axle CL and are also positioned at the same pinion angle for an apples to apples comparison. As you can see in this pic, the lowest point on both is the same only one is a BIG ProRock 60 that provides more overall ground clearance over the much smaller Dana 44. Of course, if that weren't enough, the ProRock 60 also has a much sleeker and smoother base with fewer obstructions such as the 2 ridges that a JK Dana 44 has that tends to catch on rocks.

There really is a HUGE difference between a ProRock 60 and anything that people try to compare to it and for me, that's what makes them worth every penny :yup:

GCM 2

Awesome!

You can't deny the facts, just incredible :thumb: I love my Pro Rock 60's even more!

DA RUNT

Well I don't have a pro rock 60... so i'm gonna hate on it til I get one. Then it'll be the greatest thing in the world! :cheesy:

Top Bottom