Best sport cage

Dave_g

I saw on a you tube video installation of the Rock Hard , when you put the tops on you need to trim a little on the removable panels (actully it looks like they drilled a whole on the corner of the top ) Not all the way through obviously but enough to clear the bar connector im thinking !! You tube can show you its very easy to see :rock: goodluck
Hey can you link that vid, I cant seem to find it anywhere =D

Sharkey

Word Ninja
Sharkey that looks great! Honestly before this thread and the imput, my choice would have been the psc, then the rock hard..
Now after reading I would hands down buy the or fab.
More work, but looks way better, and is stronger in my eyes.

In eddies write up what finish is on that cage?

Thanks! I helped MTG install his rock hard (which is to say I drank a beer while he did the work) and I think it's also a great cage. The looks are different for sure, but I don't think you can go wrong either way.

Eddie's install on Nemo was the bicycle black or smooth finish ORFab, mine was the wrinkle finish. A Dremel with a barrel sand paper bit works great for the plastic work. I found a good heavy duty metal chisel helpful for trimming the metal fins on the dash.

Sharkey

Word Ninja
One downside to the ORFab I didn't mention, and maybe I'm the only one who had this issue. If you look at my pics of the floor tie in earlier in this thread, you will see the door retention strap makes contact with the floor tie in corner. Over time, my strap broke. Installing a new strap absolutely sucked because I had to get a new harness and take the door innards apart to connect the new harness.

If I install this cage on another jeep, I will take preventative measures to make sure the strap does not wear through again.

Rock-itman

Hey can you link that vid, I cant seem to find it anywhere =D

Will deff look for you , when i find it i will post for you . Its really just a little hole drillled to mod so the top doesnt bind on the outer corner . Check back ill get it for you . goodluck

Skirmish

One downside to the ORFab I didn't mention, and maybe I'm the only one who had this issue. If you look at my pics of the floor tie in earlier in this thread, you will see the door retention strap makes contact with the floor tie in corner. Over time, my strap broke. Installing a new strap absolutely sucked because I had to get a new harness and take the door innards apart to connect the new harness.

If I install this cage on another jeep, I will take preventative measures to make sure the strap does not wear through again.

Did your kit come with washers to space out the strap holder? Don't know if they added them later but mine came with 8 washers. Wasn't enought but it helped. I added one more each and could use another. Bent them out a bit with a flathead too. I'll have to look to see if it is still rubbing.

Sharkey

Word Ninja
I don't remember if it did. It's a simple fix though with a little bit of appropriately sized black rubber hose or split loom wire conduit and a couple of zip ties.

Edit: trust me though, if yours is rubbing do something before it happens to you. A new harness was like $50 and the install was a MAJOR PITA.

Last edited:

Dave_g

Will deff look for you , when i find it i will post for you . Its really just a little hole drillled to mod so the top doesnt bind on the outer corner . Check back ill get it for you . goodluck

Appreciate it, my RockHard is going to powder coat this week

Top Bottom