BETTER STRONGER FASTER : Making Moby Great Again - MOTECH 6.2L L86 w/10-Speed

Clifford33

Caught the Bug
Your JL & Gladiator are bad ass no doubt... but Moby is still my Favorite.... and he keeps getting better.

I agree.. it’s just something about moby that is not like any other Jeep. I started watching Wayalife videos back when it was project JK and fell in love with jeeps and moby was the star of the show. I don’t think I’ll get there with my Jeep but I would love my Jeep to be built up like moby is.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Bear_JT

Hooked
Moby is always looking good. It’s great to hear you guys are happy with the new mods. Someday I hope I’ll be at this level.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

Irish JK

Caught the Bug
The LS is/was a good engine just like a HEMI is a good engine. It's just that the technology on them is dated. They still sound great and put out a lot of power but where the LT really shines is in it's torque and right from idle. The direct injection, higher compression and maybe most importantly, the cam phasing CVVT really puts out a throw you in the back of your seat torque and in a way that down shifting a gear

[emoji848]

Exodus 4x4

Sorry, I don't and mainly because Robbie was already taking things apart before we left. I should be able to get pics by next week after the few modifications we asked for are done. What I can tell you though is that the wiring harness is a factory GM harness that just plug in. There is no cutting or splicing of anything on to it.

This is exciting news for sure! Congrats on getting him back, if only for a shakedown.

I might need to take a plane ride out to Vegas to visit with Robbie in a couple months. If he truly can run everything with a single ECM and not sacrifice a single aspect of the stock configuration, I’d be willing to make this upgrade in my JK. I’d also like to see where he’s at with this in the JL/JT platform, even though it’s looking more and more like a factory V8 will be a reality.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
This is exciting news for sure! Congrats on getting him back, if only for a shakedown.

I might need to take a plane ride out to Vegas to visit with Robbie in a couple months. If he truly can run everything with a single ECM and not sacrifice a single aspect of the stock configuration, I’d be willing to make this upgrade in my JK. I’d also like to see where he’s at with this in the JL/JT platform, even though it’s looking more and more like a factory V8 will be a reality.

Thanks! Hoping to get him back for good later on in the week. No lie, he's got everything running with a single ECM and not a single aspect of the stock configuration is sacrificed. Also, I'm pretty sure he's been running this setup on his JL for about 2 years now and without any issues. He has been hesitating on moving forward with it if only because of the possibility of a factory V8 coming out but I've been pushing him to do it anyway. The LT with it's CVVT, higher compression and direct injection alone really make it a more modern engine and one that you can really feel in the seat of your pants. Coupled with a 10 speed auto and I personally think it's a much better setup and one that guys will want over a HEMI.

J&k_Overland

I
, even though it’s looking more and more like a factory V8 will be a reality.
]

Woh woh woh wait back up. “More and more likely”. Didn’t you put up a video doubting it? What changed. When? Please tell me more.

(Bubba hope the sarcasm came thru there)

Eddie glad Moby is running great miles me wanna shove a V8 in my TJ

Brute

Hooked
Absolutely looking forward to seeing it (and hearing it) back on the trails...hoping for a glitch free transition.

Exodus 4x4

Woh woh woh wait back up. “More and more likely”. Didn’t you put up a video doubting it? What changed. When? Please tell me more.

(Bubba hope the sarcasm came thru there)

Eddie glad Moby is running great miles me wanna shove a V8 in my TJ

I’m about 99% positive that there will be a few factory Hemi Wranglers running at KOH in 2021. I’ve yet to hear for sure that they’re 6.4 or 5.7 engines, but I suspect 6.4 for the race. That doesn’t necessarily mean FCA has given a green light to production, but it’s promising. As much as I love putting V8’s in Jeeps, the factory option would be much smarter than getting the aftermarket to do it. We’ll see.

Ddays

Hooked
I’m about 99% positive that there will be a few factory Hemi Wranglers running at KOH in 2021. I’ve yet to hear for sure that they’re 6.4 or 5.7 engines, but I suspect 6.4 for the race. That doesn’t necessarily mean FCA has given a green light to production, but it’s promising. As much as I love putting V8’s in Jeeps, the factory option would be much smarter than getting the aftermarket to do it. We’ll see.

With the Broncos breathing down their necks, I'd be willing to bet this is going to happen now. Ford is getting a shitload of press with them. And with the way Dodge is putting Hemi's in everything but minivans these days, it seems this is a no-brainer for FCA. Without the push from Ford, IDK if this would happen except for the concept. :twocents:

wjtstudios

Hooked

The guys I talked to from Jeep at 4 fest where they had the Hemi JLUR with half doors shown in those photographs said it’s a 6.2. I was surprised but They wouldn’t let me see it.

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
With the Broncos breathing down their necks, I'd be willing to bet this is going to happen now. Ford is getting a shitload of press with them. And with the way Dodge is putting Hemi's in everything but minivans these days, it seems this is a no-brainer for FCA. Without the push from Ford, IDK if this would happen except for the concept. :twocents:

I love the new Bronco and would have to say that Jeep really needs to look at it as being serious competition.

Ddays

Hooked
I love the new Bronco and would have to say that Jeep really needs to look at it as being serious competition.

I agree 100%. I think Jeep is in for a serious fight for buyers with Ford. My buddy at the local dealership acted all put out when I said the same thing to him, but the fact of the matter is that probably 80% of the people out there could go either way between the two....

Edit: I may look at a 2022 or 2023. Won't get rid of either Jeep, but I may take a peek. They really did a great job on these.

Last edited:

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Are you thinking about getting one? I’m leaning heavy in that direction. I promised my wife I’d keep it stock🤪

LOL - Honestly, I'd bet that one on 35's would do great out in the desert, stock. I think they look super sharp like that too. As for me getting one goes... all I can say is that I haven't ruled it out. :crazyeyes:

For now, I'm just eager to hit the trails with Moby again! :yup:

Exodus 4x4

LOL - Honestly, I'd bet that one on 35's would do great out in the desert, stock. I think they look super sharp like that too. As for me getting one goes... all I can say is that I haven't ruled it out. :crazyeyes:

For now, I'm just eager to hit the trails with Moby again! :yup:

For sure. In fact, if you guys make it to the JKX with Moby and our paths crossed for some reason, I might need to go for a ride[emoji6]

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I agree 100%. I think Jeep is in for a serious fight for buyers with Ford. My buddy at the local dealership acted all put out when I said the same thing to him, but the fact of the matter is that probably 80% of the people out there could go either way between the two....

Edit: I may look at a 2022 or 2023. Won't get rid of either Jeep, but I may take a peek. They really did a great job on these

Yup, I think Ford really killed it with the Bronco and unlike the haters out there, I'm really glad they went IFS. I know I know, sacrilege. But, for bombing across the desert, something I love to do, it really is a BETTER setup.

I'm a Jeep guy through and through but as you can see in this thread, I ain't afraid to play with other brands or putting an LT under the hood. :crazyeyes:

jdofmemi

Are you thinking about getting one? I’m leaning heavy in that direction. I promised my wife I’d keep it stock🤪

You must have had your fingers crossed behind your back or something. No way you said that with a straight face.

Yup, I think Ford really killed it with the Bronco and unlike the haters out there, I'm really glad they went IFS. I know I know, sacrilege. But, for bombing across the desert, something I love to do, it really is a BETTER setup.

I'm a Jeep guy through and through but as you can see in this thread, I ain't afraid to play with other brands or putting an LT under the hood. :crazyeyes:

I agree, and the other thing that will win customers for them with the IFS is the ride and drive quality on the road, where 95% of them will be all the time.

Wait till Ford starts bashing on the death wobble, scaring the easily influences away from Jeep.

The scariest part of that is the concern that Jeep would follow suit if they loose too many sales.

Top Bottom