Biggest tires on stock axels

Tigrcky

You could run 54s on a 30 as long as you park it and never drive it nothing should break... anything over factory, invest in a good quality axle, or just go truss sleeve and pink spray paint a 25 and be that guy...

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
It's hard to live a fun jeep life when your building on a budget and the real pretty nice axles are like 2500

I don't know if I'd agree with that. You just play with what you got and save up until you can afford to upgrade. Depending on how big you go, your factory rear axle will most likely hold up for a long time. Your front axle is what you'll need to be concerned with but even at that, so long as you run an open diff and a gear ratio that's strong enough, you should be okay for a while too. As others have mentioned, don't waste your money on sleeves or trusses - just get C gussets and if anything, chromoly axle shafts with full circle clips.

ERAUGrad04

Caught the Bug
It's hard to live a fun jeep life when your building on a budget and the real pretty nice axles are like 2500

Unfortunately, it is a bit of a "Pay to Play Game." That's not to say you can't have a blast with a stock Jeep, but as you start modifying, the required budget does go up if you want to do it right. And the key words there are "to do it right."

At my kids' school, there occasionally will be a heavily modified JK with probably 6" lift and 37" Mud Grapplers. One day I looked at the Jeep from behind and noticed quite a bit of inward camber on his front tires. I crawled under the Jeep and noticed his D30 was completely stock with no C-Gussets. Also noticed oil residue near the Cs. I'll add that this was about 8 months ago and haven't noticed an axle swap.

And as you can see, Eddie agrees with the factory axles *can* usually hold up for quite a while, but that is dependent on things like C Gussets, skinny pedal usage, etc. Just be ready when/if something gives out.

Project-WJ4x4

It's a lot to think about seein im not sure what axel im going to go with for the front seeing my jeep is sadly a 2wd and I'm wanting to run 35s that is why I asked this question. I thought about taking a factory axel or doing an strong factory upgrade to better axel then the hi pion 30.

Top Bottom