Biggest tires without regearing

Hey everyone. My girlfriend just bought a new 2015 jeep jku sport ( i wish a rubicon, but its not mine😁😁😁). She wants to put a 2 inch lift and bigger wheels and tires. What is the biggest size tire i can put on the jku on stock gears. 32s?

Hey everyone. My girlfriend just bought a new 2015 jeep jku sport ( i wish a rubicon, but its not mine). She wants to put a 2 inch lift and bigger wheels and tires. What is the biggest size tire i can put on the jku on stock gears. 32s?

I used to run a 08 JKU no lift with 33s with no problem on stock gears.

I have 3.73 gears and run 33's. Any larger, and I'd want a regear. It definitely made a difference in the final drive ratio.

Need to know what gears you have, certainly can't live day to day with the same tires on a 3.21 as you can with a 3.73. I know with 4.10 33s were fine, but going bigger meant I now have to live with downshifting to 5th on a lot of hills. Also different forwhether it is an auto or 6-speed. You can go with a bigger tire on your 3.6 than the 3.8.

I run 35's with 3.73 and its livable but I want to re gear, but I ran 33's for awhile and it was fine but now on 35's I can tell a difference especially on hilly roads.

Hey everyone. My girlfriend just bought a new 2015 jeep jku sport ( i wish a rubicon, but its not mine). She wants to put a 2 inch lift and bigger wheels and tires. What is the biggest size tire i can put on the jku on stock gears. 32s?

I'm running 35" tires with stock 3.21's but I am regearing when I get my new axles. It's "fine"/livable in the city but the highway sucks, if she doesn't mind having a slower jeep than it is now 33" would be ok.

I've ran 33's with 3.21 gears, it wasn't that bad. I now run 37's with 5.13 gears and couldn't be happier.

Last edited:
You have a 3.6 and I have a 3.8 but I ran 33's and 35's on stock gears for a long time. That being said upgrading gears was one of the best mods I've done.

Any pics available with 33" 285/70/17 Duratracs with both no lift or spacers on Hard Rock Rubicon Unlimited? Quadratec said after consulting with them yesterday about our new 2016 HRRJUK that no spacers are required with 11.5 width on 33" based Duratracs. Can anyone verify/advise here before installing? Thank you!

Any pics available with 33" 285/70/17 Duratracs with both no lift or spacers on Hard Rock Rubicon Unlimited? Quadratec said after consulting with them yesterday about our new 2016 HRRJUK that no spacers are required with 11.5 width on 33" based Duratracs. Can anyone verify/advise here before installing? Thank you!

You do know that 285/70R17's will be BIGGER than a set of 33x12.50/R17's, right? The later will have an actual measurement that's about an inch or so shorter.

We ran 37's on a 13 jku with 3:73's 6 speed for 2 years. We did have use with 6th gear but not up any kinda hills.
The 3.6 is a lot better then the 3.8. But this year we switched to 4;88's, and now we don't have to downshift on hills.

I'm running Goodyear 315x70Rx17 Duratracs with 3:73 gears and 6 speed manual and it is not bad at all (2-door). I currently have no plans to regear. I still use 6th gear all the time in the valley. In the hills you should not expect to be using overdrive (6th) in any automobile, and you have plenty other gears to select - not like my old CJ-2A with only a 3 gears.

Im currently running 33's with stock gears. I don't plan on regearing till i swap to 35's.

Top Bottom