Birth of Phoenix

Napalm

Got the new top put on and I really like it. It was a fairly straightforward install. I had to let the jeep idle with the heat on for about 30 minutes to get the fabric to relax. Now I just need to figure out what to do with the floors. I might just leave the carpet out for the rest of the winter so I can keep my eyes out for leaks. View attachment 229647 View attachment 229648 View attachment 229649

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

That was quick! I like it!! Looks awesome!!

I've been running Trek Tops for 2 years and I've never had any issues with the top itself leaking. Only water problems I've had is with the door sills POURING water on me when I open the door during a rain storm.

BABOOZLE

Caught the Bug
That was quick! I like it!! Looks awesome!!

I've been running Trek Tops for 2 years and I've never had any issues with the top itself leaking. Only water problems I've had is with the door sills POURING water on me when I open the door during a rain storm.

Thanks! It's pretty convenient when NR is 10 miles away but also expensive. Lol.

BABOOZLE

Caught the Bug
So a month or so back I took the jeep up to Walker Valley where I met one of the gate keepers. The same one on the PNW JKX where it gave most people trouble. It ended up getting the best of me by putting a small dent in the door therefore preventing me from opening my door. IMG_1478531434.472070.jpg
I finally got a chance to take a look at it. I could open from the inside but not from the handle. To get to the inside I removed the door panel to get a closer look. Getting the inner panel off was a little bit of an adventure. Once I got the window off and everything else disconnected, I finally got the panel off. IMG_1478531717.952247.jpg IMG_1478531736.777235.jpg
After inspecting everything, I concluded that everything worked but the striker from the door handle was not pushing the lever far enough to undo the latch. This was because the sheet metal was tweaked a little bit. IMG_1478531866.442563.jpg
I got most of the dent out but only about 50% which still didn't fix the issue. After looking at the latch mechanism for a bit I realized that the lever could be adjusted and moved closer to the striker on the door handle. There was a simple access hole near the latch with and Allen head bolt. IMG_1478532150.712313.jpg IMG_1478532166.877450.jpg Made a slight adjustment and now the door works. Probably didn't have to disassemble the whole door but I learned a lot so not a complete waste.

BABOOZLE

Caught the Bug
Decided to weigh the Phoenix yesterday and see how much weight it's gained since the addition of rocker guards, sliders and pro rock. The weight after I added 37's was 4880lbs. The jeep weighed in at 5060lbs. I thought it would weigh more but I guess not.

BABOOZLE

Caught the Bug
Myself and another WAL member hit up Elbe Hills for some fun. Park ended up being snow packed. We had never been there and didn't really know what we were getting into. Lesson 1 of the day. The trail was very difficult with the snow especially since the fist 100 yards is uphill. We winched multiple times and my Warn performed flawlessly. IMG_3783.jpg IMG_3785.jpg IMG_3788.jpg IMG_3808.jpg

BABOOZLE

Caught the Bug
Riding trails through trees and rocks with snow is very unpredictable. There's many times that you don't have complete control of the vehicle. I ended up sliding down a ledge into a tree breaking my mirror off. IMG_3820.jpg I also slid into a stump which broke my fender. I kinda like the way it broke and will probably just cut the other side to match. IMG_3819.jpg . There's also an air leak I need to fix for my front locker. I think it touched the exhaust pipe. It was a fun day and the damage was minimal. We both drove home at the end of the day. IMG_3803.jpg

M_Savage

Caught the Bug
man thats a nice build thread! Phoenix has grown up very quickly! i like the trail damage. kinda makes the adventure much more fun?
Also i am currently that guy with 37s and a dana 30 but my axle upgrades is the next on the list! how is the PR44 performing for you?

BABOOZLE

Caught the Bug
man thats a nice build thread! Phoenix has grown up very quickly! i like the trail damage. kinda makes the adventure much more fun?
Also i am currently that guy with 37s and a dana 30 but my axle upgrades is the next on the list! how is the PR44 performing for you?

Thanks. I appreciate it. I love the PR44. It gives me a ton of confidence with it under my jeep. The lockers are also great. The trail damage doesn't bother me too much. I'm not a reckless person and I keep my foot out of the throttle but shit happens. Usually when I break something, it gives me a chance to learn from my mistake or learn how to fix it.

BABOOZLE

Caught the Bug
Ordered the mirror Monday night and received it Wednesday morning. That was standard shipping. I would say that the new one looks better than the old one. IMG_3825.jpg

BABOOZLE

Caught the Bug
Traded my stock sway bar for a Rubicon one. Rubi owner said it didn't work and didn't have the time or money to fix it. IMG_3827.jpg After taking it apart I found out why it didn't work, it was full of mud and seized. IMG_3830.jpg IMG_3831.jpg Once I got it cleaned up and greased it operated smoothly. I installed the EVO No Limits manual disconnect which was easy. I'm looking forward to saving time on prepping for the trail and the pavement after a trail ride. IMG_3842.jpg

WJCO

Meme King
Traded my stock sway bar for a Rubicon one. Rubi owner said it didn't work and didn't have the time or money to fix it. View attachment 237308 After taking it apart I found out why it didn't work, it was full of mud and seized. View attachment 237309 View attachment 237310 Once I got it cleaned up and greased it operated smoothly. I installed the EVO No Limits manual disconnect which was easy. I'm looking forward to saving time on prepping for the trail and the pavement after a trail ride. View attachment 237311

Nice. :thumb:

Top Bottom