Bl17z90 build

GuillaumeC91

What does anyone think of the Rancho rear bumper tire carrier? I am trying to figure out the best way to get my spare taken care of but cheap at the same time.

This is the one I'm talking about.
http://www.quadratec.com/products/12148_200_07.htm

The one thing I noticed compared to the TeraFlex carrier is that this one requires you to swing open your tire carrier, THEN your tailgate. As they mention in the TeraFlex videos their carrier only requires you to open the tailgate and the carrier swings with it. The TeraFlex carrier is really modular too. Its got a few place to attach a jack or even gas containers.

That's one of the videos showing the TeraFlex carrier, and I'm also considering getting this one: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4FtU9Fint7A&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using WAYALIFE mobile app

bl17z90

Heh yeah they are both awesome.

I have an issue with the sliders though. Thry are covered in shipping stickers. Anyone have an easy way to remove these things and the residue thry leave behind?

GCM 2

Heh yeah they are both awesome.

I have an issue with the sliders though. Thry are covered in shipping stickers. Anyone have an easy way to remove these things and the residue thry leave behind?

I just use anything I have available since they are raw metal, brake cleaner, orange citrus goop cleaner, whatever you got. Just get the bulk of the paper portion off and green pad the residue. It won't hurt the metal at all, that needs to be prepped a little anyway before painting or powder coating.

bl17z90

Im actually not going to powdercoat. Just going to primer and bedliner. My buddy is going to air brush the inside of the tubes so that when you look at the evo logo you see red inside, not sure if its gonna look good or even be notica le but we'll see

bl17z90

Hey guys my welder was about to get into the job of doing my gussets and he said the only way he could see to weld them in is to remove the knuckle. Anyone else have any experience with welding the evo gussets on themselves?

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
Hey guys my welder was about to get into the job of doing my gussets and he said the only way he could see to weld them in is to remove the knuckle. Anyone else have any experience with welding the evo gussets on themselves?

You don't need to remove the knuckle. Only thing you need to do is take the tire off and maybe the coil. That's it.

GCM 2

Very nice.

The parts are looking good! Glad to see your progress is moving right along, I bet you can't wait to get out and test them! People think I'm nuts, but I have learned to really rely upon my EVO sliders to help steer my fat jeep around tight rocky trails, instead of steering wide around certain boulders, I just push into it and let the jeep pivot around tight stuff :thumb:

bl17z90

Thats the convinience of having a 2 door :D

Having said that i love driving over thr big rocks anyways.

Next update is LoD Rear Bumper/Tire Carrier and that probably won't be until next year lol

Top Bottom