Black Betty Build Thread

MSJKU11

Caught the Bug
Yea I'm 6'3" so I rarely use them unless I park in a ditch and the jeep is straddling the lowest part of it. My wife is 5'8" but with a 6 1/2" lift they make it a lot easier for her, more so now that she's 9 months pregnant. Happy wife = more jeep parts! LOL

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app
Lol absolutely. Congratulations on the upcoming arrival! My wife refused to get into the Jeep when she hit 9 months lol and I have only a 3 inch lift. But then again she is only 5'3.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using WAYALIFE mobile app

RageKage

IMG_7423.jpg a little less than 4 years and I’ve only put 33,300 miles on. Bought it brand new in 2014 with 13 miles. Not bad for my daily driver that’s gone from California to Kansas multiple times then Arizona to California and back then to Kansas again and then back to California and up to Alaska.
IMG_7424.jpg apparently 3 years in Alaska’s -30 winters does a number on the front axle vent line smh.

RageKage

Started to install my LED tail lights. Didn’t even realize they were made by truck light so hopefully they do just as good as their headlights.
View attachment 305536 rear fenders removed (gunna have to chop the back section off for taillight housings to work.
View attachment 305537 View attachment 305538 finally cleaned off the 4 years worth of dirt and grime behind the fenders, first time taking them off since installed
View attachment 305539 test wiring to make sure everything worked properly
View attachment 305540 View attachment 305541 housings for the tail lights with side marker lights

Last edited:

RageKage

IMG_8069.jpg housing mocked up so I could stencil where I needed to cut and grind. Finished today just didn’t take a picture will do tomorrow. So far they look awesome.

RageKage

IMG_8073.jpg IMG_8075.JPG IMG_8077.jpg driver’s side done. Extremely pleased thus far. It’s doesn’t get dark yet in Alaska so hard to tell how bright they will be during dark hours but the light output seems much superior than stock. Top side marker light is wired for brake/turn signal while bottom side marker is wired for running light.

RageKage

Those look nice, you have to cut the body even tho they have those housings?

Yea. The housing aren’t as thick as the stock ones so the lights themselves sit mostly inside the tub so the edges have to be cut away. It’s a trim and fit no “real” template. I’ll take pictures of stock vs new tomorrow when I do the passenger side for better referencing.

rl206

View attachment 291902 a little less than 4 years and I’ve only put 33,300 miles on. Bought it brand new in 2014 with 13 miles. Not bad for my daily driver that’s gone from California to Kansas multiple times then Arizona to California and back then to Kansas again and then back to California and up to Alaska.
View attachment 291903 apparently 3 years in Alaska’s -30 winters does a number on the front axle vent line smh.

Sweet rig!

I just installed my lift and noticed I should replace my hoses too. Mine didn't look quite that bad though haha

Top Bottom