Black Betty's slow.. slow build

I-Eat-Mud

Looks killer in your jeep. People think i'm weird when i say that those seat covers are one of my absolute favorite mods that i've done to the jeep. They are just so useful with all the organized storage you can set up. I even have a hydration pack that goes on the back of the seat, throw some ice in it and have cool water on the trail all day. https://www.amazon.com/Red-Rock-Outdoor-Gear-Hydration/dp/B0098VMEA6

I think there's an amazon portal for WOL support, but i'm not sure how to access it...

MSJKU11

Caught the Bug
Looks killer in your jeep. People think i'm weird when i say that those seat covers are one of my absolute favorite mods that i've done to the jeep. They are just so useful with all the organized storage you can set up. I even have a hydration pack that goes on the back of the seat, throw some ice in it and have cool water on the trail all day. https://www.amazon.com/Red-Rock-Outdoor-Gear-Hydration/dp/B0098VMEA6

I think there's an amazon portal for WOL support, but i'm not sure how to access it...
I can see why it's one of the favorite mods for people. So easy to clean and love the storage capabilities. Love the hydration pack idea. Also looking at a gun holster for it too, trying to decide if it's a good idea or not.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

MSJKU11

Caught the Bug
Did a little trim today. Always have been torn. I like the stock fenders but think they are a bit bulky on the front. I wanted to maintain the side marker also. Here is what I've come up with. Cut about 3 inches off the front. Trying to decide if I want to trim up the side as well. I also rounded it at the bottom of the side marker. To keep the side marker in place I just drilled a couple holes and zip tied it. What do yall think? 20180505_141256.jpg 20180505_141302.jpg 20180505_144547.jpg 20180505_144531.jpg

MSJKU11

Caught the Bug
BTW for those that are thinking of doing this and worried about tools. I did this with kitchen shears and a utility knife.

MSJKU11

Caught the Bug
I like it trimmed, looks like it’s almost time for new shoes. Or is it an illusion?

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app
Very perceptive. I'm still in the green but I'll be replacing within the year. Hopefully I can hold out for discount tires rebate later this year.

MSJKU11

Caught the Bug
So I did a thing today. I've never been completely happy after really learning about the differences in the Rubicon version vs my sport and the 3.8l vs the 3.6l engine/tranny. I never really wanted to trade in my jeep unless I found a modified one that had a good amount of work put into it and it so happened I came across Clay's Anvil II, The Deuce. I'm aware of the previous oil leaks but they gave me a 3 year warranty and I decided to take a chance on it. I ran it for a couple test drives and crawled under but didn't see any traces of a leak so I feel good about it. Very excited to own a Rubicon and excited to take it offroad! Amazing jeep you had Clay, I'll treat him right. 20180525_221536.jpg

Last edited:

AZ Explorer

Caught the Bug
Hey, congrats man! You're right, the sport lacks a few important things that are costly later.
The front housing is still a bit weak but you can always go with a Pro-rock housing for a rubicon really affordable, as opposed to having to replace the whole thing.
That's pretty much the only high dollar item you might ever eventually need. Glad you got hooked up with a great, new to you ride.

WJCO

Meme King
So I did a thing today. I've never been completely happy after really learning about the differences in the Rubicon version vs my sport and the 3.8l vs the 3.6l engine/tranny. I never really wanted to trade in my jeep unless I found a modified one that had a good amount of work put into it and it so happened I came across Clay's Anvil II, The Deuce. I'm aware of the previous oil leaks but they gave me a 3 year warranty and I decided to take a chance on it. I ran it for a couple test drives and crawled under but didn't see any traces of a leak so I feel good about it. Very excited to own a Rubicon and excited to take it offroad! Amazing jeep you had Clay, I'll treat him right.

That's awesome. Glad to see it stuck in the WAYALIFE family.

MSJKU11

Caught the Bug
Hey, congrats man! You're right, the sport lacks a few important things that are costly later.
The front housing is still a bit weak but you can always go with a Pro-rock housing for a rubicon really affordable, as opposed to having to replace the whole thing.
That's pretty much the only high dollar item you might ever eventually need. Glad you got hooked up with a great, new to you ride.
Thanks. Really glad it worked out. I'm really stoked.

Top Bottom