Brake lines on front Dynatrac ProRock 60

Jkzinger

Caught the Bug
Let me know if this helps. View attachment 283168 View attachment 283169

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Yes it does. Thanks! It looks like the caliper mounting point on your XD60 has a horizontal orientation on the banjo bolt. My ProRock 60 doesn’t let me point the 90 degree elbow straight up like yours due to my banjo bolt sitting at about 45 degrees from horizontal . That is what is causing my brake line to pinch when turned inward.

I have been searching for brake lines without the 90 degree bend with not much luck.

Are you using the brake lines that came with the coilovers or do you have longer ones?

Anyone out there with the hardcore ProRock 60 that can post up how they solved this would be much appreciated.!

IMG_8840.JPG

Last edited:

Deacon

I will post up a pick in a few days, I have my rear axle completed and my front removed and prepped. After seeing this thread, I notched out a small area of the caliber with a dremel so that the banjo fitting will fit at 90 degrees. Took maybe 20 minutes for both sides and was simple as the axle was not installed and had plenty of room to work. Once finished it fits perfect.

Jkzinger

Caught the Bug
I will post up a pick in a few days, I have my rear axle completed and my front removed and prepped. After seeing this thread, I notched out a small area of the caliber with a dremel so that the banjo fitting will fit at 90 degrees. Took maybe 20 minutes for both sides and was simple as the axle was not installed and had plenty of room to work. Once finished it fits perfect.

Sounds good! Thanks!

Deacon

Sounds good! Thanks!

As promised this is how I altered my PR60 front brake calibers, I used a dremel and just cut a small piece out to allow the brake line to fit at 90 degrees then I carefully bent the steel tubing upwards to be more vertical - also touched up the bare metal with a little primer. I added the Teraflex JK Front brake line anchor kit to keep the lines away from the shocks - may not have needed these but I bought them a few months ago so I thought Id go ahead and install. Just a disclaimer - haven't field tested anything - this is just my initial install but everything looks good so far and seems like it will work well.
brake 1.jpg brake 2.jpg

Jkzinger

Caught the Bug
As promised this is how I altered my PR60 front brake calibers, I used a dremel and just cut a small piece out to allow the brake line to fit at 90 degrees then I carefully bent the steel tubing upwards to be more vertical - also touched up the bare metal with a little primer. I added the Teraflex JK Front brake line anchor kit to keep the lines away from the shocks - may not have needed these but I bought them a few months ago so I thought Id go ahead and install. Just a disclaimer - haven't field tested anything - this is just my initial install but everything looks good so far and seems like it will work well.
View attachment 283368 View attachment 283369

Thank! That is a really clean install! How far did you dare bend them?

Jkzinger

Caught the Bug
View attachment 283368 View attachment 283369

Also by chance are you running hydro assist? I am looking for ideas on how people work the ProRock 60 stuffed the ram into the tight space between the tie rod and axle. Not a lot of room on the area they put the mounting point.

Deacon

Just a slight bend - may not have needed but , It wasn't difficult.

No on the hydro (haven't got that far yet), just getting things wrapped up today , will measure and order driveshafts soon. Jeeps taking up the whole garage and wife isn't thrilled parking outside :(

Last edited:

Jkzinger

Caught the Bug
Just a slight bend - may not have needed but , It wasn't difficult.

No on the hydro (haven't got that far yet), just getting things wrapped up today , will measure and order driveshafts soon. Jeeps taking up the whole garage and wife isn't thrilled parking outside :(

I bet she isn’t! Thanks for the info.

aTX427

I just came across a picture of Spicy Chicken and noticed they are running an XD60 front axle with the brake lines setup like yours. You may just need to re-route your lines from the frame. I'm going to flex mine out double check my lines at full stuff and will let you know if I have problems before you change your orientation.

IMG_1340.jpg

Jkzinger

Caught the Bug
I just came across a picture of Spicy Chicken and noticed they are running an XD60 front axle with the brake lines setup like yours. You may just need to re-route your lines from the frame. I'm going to flex mine out double check my lines at full stuff and will let you know if I have problems before you change your orientation.

View attachment 283814

That is awesome. That does look good. Appreciate your help and hopefully yours don’t have any issues!

Jkzinger

Caught the Bug
Shaved about a 1/16 off the end of the banjo fitting and rotated them 90 degrees. Worked perfect. Took out the tight pinch point on the cable when turned full lock.

SDG

Caught the Bug
Shaved about a 1/16 off the end of the banjo fitting and rotated them 90 degrees. Worked perfect. Took out the tight pinch point on the cable when turned full lock.

I'm just wondering if it's pinched at full lock sitting in the garage... what happens at full droop or full stuff and full lock? Sounds like your lines are too short or not routed properly.

Jkzinger

Caught the Bug
I'm just wondering if it's pinched at full lock sitting in the garage... what happens at full droop or full stuff and full lock? Sounds like your lines are too short or not routed properly.

They are good now. It was all about the orientation of the 90 degree bend on the ProRock versus the stock Rubi axle which orients the 90 vertically instead of horizontally.

aTX427

I double checked mine at every orientation with tires lock to lock and I am going to keep mine rotated up for now. I know Spicy Chicken has them rotated away from the calipers, but it looked like mine will have issues with the lines hitting the tires. They could be running a non-standard brake line though.

Jkzinger

Caught the Bug
I double checked mine at every orientation with tires lock to lock and I am going to keep mine rotated up for now. I know Spicy Chicken has them rotated away from the calipers, but it looked like mine will have issues with the lines hitting the tires. They could be running a non-standard brake line though.

Mine behave perfect rotated 90 degrees.

Top Bottom