Brakes

DasBuxxx

I have a 2012 and well it is already asking me for some attention to the rear brakes (it whispers to me...she has a high voice). i am looking to see if anyone has a suggestion on what pads to replace the OEMs with. I would like to go with something other than the OEMs seeing as I was only able to squeez just over 20,000 out of them.

Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated

DasBuxxx

Last edited:

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Honestly, you'll only get about 20k out of most pads and if they last longer, they won't be stopping you as well either. The rear brakes wear out fast due to the ABS/ESP system - just nature of the beast.

MTG

Caught the Bug
Honestly, you'll only get about 20k out of most pads and if they last longer, they won't be stopping you as well either. The rear brakes wear out fast due to the ABS/ESP system - just nature of the beast.

Good to know. Guess I better take a look at my brakes soon. Didn't you do a write up on changing pads?

TLAW719

If you don't mind on price you could Check out adaptive one pads from napa or performance friction from O'Reilly.

DasBuxxx

If you don't mind on price you could Check out adaptive one pads from napa or performance friction from O'Reilly.

Ya,I was leaning toward Adaptive One. Online it only says that they have the fronts for the 2012, I'll have to give my guy at NAPA a call and see what he says

@wayoflife
Thank you for the input on the 20k. I figured that was going to be pretty standard with the ABS/ESP system.

DasBuxxx

Well gave my guy at NAPA a call about adaptive ones and he doesn't even see them listed in the NAPA system for the rear; nor do I see PFCs listed at O'Reilly. I am seeing a lot of listings for Hawk Performance and a lot of mixed reviews for them across the web. Just interested in if anyone has run these and has any feedback on them

Top Bottom