breathing new life into my JK

Recurve

Okay, So got my new front stabilzer on an more importantly! My adams 1350 driveshaft came in! Yes!

She fits great! I got clearance for days now! Plus a sturdy 1350 ;)

Lets see what the the 4in evo enforcer gots! Im impressed!

Now that I finnaly have 4wd again I decided to hit up a local trail! I been dying to get out! so got up super early today, just me an my jeep:thumb:

Beautiful morning today!

Now sadly...... the long wait for ATX slabs an 37in nitto grapplers :grayno: im hoping maybe a couple months I will be there, just doing little mods till then

Recurve

Nothing too new, I did tighten up my e-brake . Thing locks right up now!
But also my warm medium duty kit came in today. I wanted a good recovery kit before heading out to rousche again.
Hopefully it will last me :)
image.jpg

AllAmericanInfidel

Caught the Bug
Awesome looking rig and great job making it your own. It will be even better with the 37s! The bronze wheels kinda remind me of the Golden Eagle! :thumb:
ebay649218.jpg
burgundy.jpg

Recurve

Thanks! That golden eagle is sweet! Very retro! that Bronze is very similar to the paint I picked out :thumb:

HILLZ

Rig looks Great! :rock: love the look of the bronze on the wheels, should get some decals in the same colour to carry it through and over the jeep more.
:thumb::thumb:

Recurve

Rig looks Great! :rock: love the look of the bronze on the wheels, should get some decals in the same colour to carry it through and over the jeep more.
:thumb::thumb:

Actually, it was kinda going to be a surprise. When I get my evo armor an tire carrier at some point, im probably going to powder coat it all bronze. Think it will look great, plus stand out from the crowd. Only down side to that is when im scraping it up on the trails, I would need to find some similar bronze touch up paint lol.

Recurve

Just checking in, has been awhile on this build thread for me.
Well I been driving the hell out of my jeep, wheeling an hitting trails everyweekend.
I been breaking stuff..
Sliced a tire on some sharp rocks an it was 15 degrees that night, fun
image.jpg

Not to long after snapped my shaft on my pulley for my power steering.
image.jpg

Anyways , few other odds an ends breaking , has me thinking I need to build up my jeep more before I move to bigger wheels an tires. I'm literally out every weekend trying to climb something lol.

Well decided to go all led for the front my jeep
Trucklites an rigid d2 hyper spots!
image.jpg
Put the switch beside my old switch, that way I have another one to play with down the road.
image.jpg
Clean it up a lot! An boy they bright!
image.jpg

Last edited:

Recurve

Will update more after I get off work, I can only do so much on my phone. Why pics
come in upside down sometimes.
Anyways, pics tonight will be of my trucklites, how I cut my fenders, an mounting spare tire inside using branman method of rock hard harness bar.

Recurve

Sweet pics! Can't wait to see the 37s, they will look awesome brotha!

yeah im hoping to get a couple more mods done like gears an axel shafts before I bump up to 37s. The big expense will be PSC hydro assist:banghead:

hinrichs

Caught the Bug
You don't need hydro for the 37s....but it will sure help. If you get rear shafts don't get Yukon, I made that mistake. My stock ones actually help up better than those did, I bent one first time out with them which sucked.

Recurve

You don't need hydro for the 37s....but it will sure help. If you get rear shafts don't get Yukon, I made that mistake. My stock ones actually help up better than those did, I bent one first time out with them which sucked.

Yeah , I guess reason why I want a hydro assist is cause my steering box is leaking an having all kinds of issues.
I'm going to replace the box, an see if I can get the sector shaft a bit tighter so it's not so sloppy.
Also I'm back to wanting 37s now because of the new jkx part 4 lol.
As far as axels goes,was thinking of going with ten factory with the full circle clips.

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
Yeah , I guess reason why I want a hydro assist is cause my steering box is leaking an having all kinds of issues.
I'm going to replace the box, an see if I can get the sector shaft a bit tighter so it's not so sloppy.
Also I'm back to wanting 37s now because of the new jkx part 4 lol.
As far as axels goes,was thinking of going with ten factory with the full circle clips.

Yea I would suggest ten factory front and rear

Recurve

So to save some money until I get a evo carrier I decided to use a rear rockhard harness bar with poison spyder tire strap for my spare tire.

Yep looks good! Also you guessed it, I powder coated it a brushed bronze.
This is what my bumpers an atx slabs will look like. It's a deeper bronze then cheap paint on my current wheels.

Recurve

Okay here's when I cut the front fenders.
This took me all day! I wanted to get them perfect, even though it was a pain , patience is key to clean lines.

Door trim as final touch

Oh an I cut down the bracket but still retained it, also I cut down the liner an still use that as well :thumb:

Recurve

Now with the tire in my cab , I got a poison spyder tramp stamp to clean up the tail gate,
I still need to cut the rear fenders this week b4 RC trip with you guys! :doh:

Top Bottom