BRILL EVO'ed Up

BDP849

Very nice, your jeep looks awesome. How is the ride on the highway?

It's great... I sound like Tony the Tiger.

In all seriousness, I had a Teraflex kit on before and I thought it road fine a little stiff but fine nun the less.
This kit is unbelievable, smooth on and off the road.

BDP849

I would be careful with those. They look like they give you less lug for the nuts to attach too. Unlike the spidertrax for example which has it's own studs.

I thought about that as well, he provides longer studs to account for the spacer.
My only concern with spidertrax is the 1.5 , i have 4 in back spacing now on my Racelines if i used them it would put me at 2.5 of BS, that's a LOT....

axeman628

I thought about that as well, he provides longer studs to account for the spacer.
My only concern with spidertrax is the 1.5 , i have 4 in back spacing now on my Racelines if i used them it would put me at 2.5 of BS, that's a LOT....

Didn't see that, in that case then they should be ok. 2.5" does seem to be other extreme, not sure about bearing loads but ball joints would probably be an issue. Or you could just get slabs. :)

13_gecko_rubi

Caught the Bug
I know teraflex makes 1.25" spacers. You need to grind about an 1/8" off the end of rear studs so they don't stick out past spacer. I wouldn't go any thinner than that, I'd rather have premature bearing/ball joint wear than have my damn wheels fall off using that type of spacer. I got such a good deal on my racelines i hate to ditch them.

What's the minimum backspacing anyone in here is running for extended times?

My only other thought is adjust the steering stops some. But don't want to have to do 13 pt turns either.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using WAYALIFE mobile app

BDP849

I know teraflex makes 1.25" spacers. You need to grind about an 1/8" off the end of rear studs so they don't stick out past spacer. I wouldn't go any thinner than that, I'd rather have premature bearing/ball joint wear than have my damn wheels fall off using that type of spacer. I got such a good deal on my racelines i hate to ditch them.

What's the minimum backspacing anyone in here is running for extended times?

My only other thought is adjust the steering stops some. But don't want to have to do 13 pt turns either.

I had the Steering top idea as well, at full stuff like you see above i climbed underneath between the knuckle and the C is about 1/2 an inch, that's a lot of washers....

BDP849

Brill got a face lift last night, new EVO 1/4 pounder with stinger and Truck-Lites.
Thank you http://www.northridge4x4.com/ for the quick order, you guys rule:clap2:.

From this:
photo 3.JPG

To this:
photo 5.JPG
photo 1.JPG

I think it looks great, and the Truck-Lites are Huge improvement over the stock lights.

BDP849

I made a cargo rack this last month to fit above my ARB fridge. I looked and looked for a retail option but nothing seemed to fit the bill, so I made one.

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1406211105.398797.jpg
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1406211120.420400.jpg
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1406211133.968627.jpg
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1406211150.604115.jpg
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1406211163.207663.jpg

olram30

Not That Kind of Engineer
Cargo rack came out nice! I really need something similar. Nice detail on the brackets also! :thumbup:

JK_Dave

Caught the Bug
I made a cargo rack this last month to fit above my ARB fridge. I looked and looked for a retail option but nothing seemed to fit the bill, so I made one.

Color me impressed! You even have the dimple die cut outs and everything :thumb:

Quick question, who made your cargo net behind the rear seat? I like that I could pack more gear in the back and not worry about it falling forward in a quick stop.

Thanks in advance!

BDP849

Color me impressed! You even have the dimple die cut outs and everything :thumb:

Quick question, who made your cargo net behind the rear seat? I like that I could pack more gear in the back and not worry about it falling forward in a quick stop.

Thanks in advance!

Thanks for the feed back.

The cargo net is made by Safari Straps.
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1406213729.802459.jpg

JK_Dave

Caught the Bug
why not just add spacers?? wouldnt that work?

Ya thought about that too. That would be equivalent of 2.5" BS. Anyone running that much? Just wondering about unit bearing loads

See this relevant post from Wayalife earlier in a different thread:

Was looking to order up a couple pairs. Two quick questions. Would you still run spacers with wheels that have lower backspacing, or is that adding too much strain as well. Example is with ATX slabs/similar 3.5 back spacing, that would eliminate the need/want for even wider stance?

Second question is that I was looking at these on N4x4 and saw they have Poison Spyder spacers now with 1.5 for a little less than the STs in the write up. Any thoughts on the PS ones?

Thanks - Jason

You would not want to run 1.5" wheel spacers with wheels that have 3.5" of back spacing.

For the most part, wheel spacers are wheel spacers with the exception of the material used to make them and the quality of the wheel studs. I have always run Spidertrax without any issues.

Top Bottom