Broken sector shaft on rubicon

WJCO

Meme King
How far do you think he moved it? Some vehicles can have issues with the clock spring if it's not in its original location.

How far do you think he moved it? Some vehicles can have issues with the clock spring if it's not in its original location.

This. You need to make sure you re center the wheel to the clock spring or you risk ripping the wires out of it, made that mistake once with my tj.
Try turning very lightly all the way to one side until you feel a slight resistance. And then all the way to the other side counting how many rotations. Divide by 2 put it there.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Mybadjk

Caught the Bug
This. You need to make sure you re center the wheel to the clock spring or you risk ripping the wires out of it, made that mistake once with my tj.
Try turning very lightly all the way to one side until you feel a slight resistance. And then all the way to the other side counting how many rotations. Divide by 2 put it there.

Can you do with with the steering box already out?

LVJeepney

Hey all, crawled out of the rubicon to get the part from autozone in placerville that was supposed to be sent up from sac, but part never came in. Now autozone is telling me The sac store never had the part and there was some kind of miss communication.. Is there anyone that can assist us in anyway.. maybe locate a place that might have the part. Thanks in advance

JAGS

Hooked
Hey all, crawled out of the rubicon to get the part from autozone in placerville that was supposed to be sent up from sac, but part never came in. Now autozone is telling me The sac store never had the part and there was some kind of miss communication.. Is there anyone that can assist us in anyway.. maybe locate a place that might have the part. Thanks in advance

That sucks. This happened (broken Sector) a couple years back to someone in the group I was with. The answer was going through Jeep dealership for the part. Full steering box. We got a couple folks to relay with the part to the trail.

Is he still stuck in the same spot or were you able to move him at all? Eddie had to "walk the dog" using the guys winch connected to d rings on steering components. Don't know exactly what components.

Maybe eddie or others there can chime in with some advice on that front.

LVJeepney

That sucks. This happened (broken Sector) a couple years back to someone in the group I was with. The answer was going through Jeep dealership for the part. Full steering box. We got a couple folks to relay with the part to the trail.

Is he still stuck in the same spot or were you able to move him at all? Eddie had to "walk the dog" using the guys winch connected to d rings on steering components. Don't know exactly what components.

Maybe eddie or others there can chime in with some advice on that front.

His rig is stuck on little sluice, I’m in placerville now, trying to figure out where I’m gonna stay the night and trying to look for the closes Jeep dealership

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass

Contact the dealerships or drive down here to SoCal. I have a spare box you can have.

TrailHunter

Hooked
Looks like he has no winch.... can ratchet straps be used to hold the wheels in position so he can be towed out?.... maybe to an area where a flatbed can reach him..

Top Bottom