Broken sector shaft on rubicon

JAGS

Hooked
His rig is stuck on little sluice, I’m in placerville now, trying to figure out where I’m gonna stay the night and trying to look for the closes Jeep dealership

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

That sucks, not able to move.

Contact the dealerships or drive down here to SoCal. I have a spare box you can have.

Lol. I have one I was going to offer earlier, though also in SoCal, so not much help.

Looks like he has no winch.... can ratchet straps be used to hold the wheels in position so he can be towed out?.... maybe to an area where a flatbed can reach him..

Not a quick way out from little sluice, especially with no steering. I wouldn't be the right one to answer on ifs and possibilities.

jeeeep

Hooked
good luck with that - as mentioned, be sure to center the clock spring - don't turn the wheel to far to either side.

rotate slow and focus on feeling the resistance then stop - rotate the other direction counting the # of turns until you feel the resistance and stop.

rotate back 1/2 the number of turns and the steering shaft should line up with the steering box shaft so that the pitman arm keyway is correct.

ask me how to quickly ruin clock spring when switching out a gear box :doh::doh::doh:

Mybadjk

Caught the Bug
We go out earlier today around two. Couldn’t thank lv jeepney enough! I turned the wheel each way and from side to side it was about 5 1/2 turns

MattAlpha

Caught the Bug
We go out earlier today around two. Couldn’t thank lv jeepney enough! I turned the wheel each way and from side to side it was about 5 1/2 turns

Glad you were able to get the help you needed and complete the trail fix. Hopefully the rest of your trip will be uneventful and fun!

'07 JKUR

MTG

Caught the Bug
Wow! Just saw this. Glad you got it fixed. I think I had to do a part run once or twice for people broken up there. :crazyeyes:

In the future, remember that Reno and Carson City may be closer and both have Jeep Dealerships and plenty of autozone stores. :thumb:

Mybadjk

Caught the Bug
Wow! Just saw this. Glad you got it fixed. I think I had to do a part run once or twice for people broken up there. :crazyeyes:

In the future, remember that Reno and Carson City may be closer and both have Jeep Dealerships and plenty of autozone stores. :thumb:

It’s almost two hours for Carson. I think placerville was under and hour and a little over. That’s what we originally thought.

Top Bottom