broken windshields!

kornchip

windshield.jpg

Heres mine today.. Dump truck flew around a blind bend in my lane, swerved and rocks came off the top. Saw them coming too and by the time i turned around and tore after him he was out of sight :boohoo:

loscann48

As for the Jeep branded windshield. The tech at the company I use said that if I request OEM with my insurance they will install it. I questioned him about it costing more and about me having to pay out of pocket. He said that is typically the case, but they are one of the regional distributors for those windshields and it doesn't any much more through them and my insurance will pay. Says that many of the local stealerships get their jeep glass through them because its cheaper and quicker.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using WAYALIFE mobile app

KrautRN

Yep, on my previous TJ replaced my windshield, very next day got a nice chip in it that ended up spreading. Was able to deal with it until I turned it in for my new JK. Now this one I had to replace within the first month of having it too. The hidden costs of having a jeep :)

JayKay

Caught the Bug
I asked my insurance if they would use oem or aftermarket glass. They asked me if I had the jeep grille above the rear view mirror and I said yes. Apparently that only comes on oem glass and they said because of that they will replace it with the oem.

This is good to know! Windshield (knock in wood) hasn't had to be replaced yet, but when it does, I want to make sure I get to keep the Jeep logo and Jeep profile in the right lower corner. I guess I'm a little OCD.

GuillaumeC91

This is good to know! Windshield (knock in wood) hasn't had to be replaced yet, but when it does, I want to make sure I get to keep the Jeep logo and Jeep profile in the right lower corner. I guess I'm a little OCD.

I did the same. I actually paid 30-60$ more for my windshield replacement only to get the Jeep logos. Unfortunately for me that didn't stop it from cracking again a few months after... The crack spread and stopped growing so I'm gonna wait to replace this one

Don't follow me, I'm lost too! O|||||||O

AllAmericanInfidel

Caught the Bug
Just had mine replaced today with less than 400 miles on the 4 door. I remember in Prescott the used to use cinders to keep ice from forming on the road during snow season. I used to go through 2 windshields a year in the Land Rover. Always replaced them on the same months every year, just like getting the oil changed!

904Jeep

Just move to florida! Windshield replacements are free under law as long as you have comprehensive coverage.

JAGS

Hooked
Man. I had escaped for little over a year an half and nearly 26,000 miles. Today's storms in so cal meant the normal pot hole appear. A Tahoe kicked up a rock and in slow motion I could see it coming with no where to go. Nice chip and star pattern a little larger than a nickel.

Maybe I'll use a sharpie and stencil to recreate the jeep graphics. Lol.

Oscar35

Just replaced mine here in Arizona. Only 3k on it smh. Question though? Is everyone getting replaced with the OEM windshield?

TUFTRLZ

loscann48

Just replaced mine here in Arizona. Only 3k on it smh. Question though? Is everyone getting replaced with the OEM windshield?

TUFTRLZ

Nope, not OEM. I have heard that OEM is better but then again ive heard that OEM is lesser quality. Only thing I know for sure is it costs more.

OllllO Fanatic

I picked up my Jeep last May, and had it for maybe a day. I believe it was just under 24 hours. Crossed into the lane to exit as a truck crossed in front to get on the highway.... and then smash, nice little chip in the middle of the window.:naw: For anyone who has never used them, Safelite did a great job sealing it so it wouldn't spread. Had my jeep down there on a sat morning, the weekend before going to Moab. And most insurance companies cover it... I think, worth the call.

AllAmericanInfidel

Caught the Bug

TUFTRLZ

Only OEM for me. If the company cant get an OEM, they don't touch my vehicles. I thinks its more my OCD than anything else.

loscann48

I picked up my Jeep last May, and had it for maybe a day. I believe it was just under 24 hours. Crossed into the lane to exit as a truck crossed in front to get on the highway.... and then smash, nice little chip in the middle of the window.:naw: For anyone who has never used them, Safelite did a great job sealing it so it wouldn't spread. Had my jeep down there on a sat morning, the weekend before going to Moab. And most insurance companies cover it... I think, worth the call.

I've used safelite, as well as some people I know. Everyone I spoke with at safelite treated me like a moron.....everyone is entilted to form their own opinions, but I wilk never recommend them to anyone.

kornchip

yeah they safelite guy and i are on a first name basis haha hes stopped by and filled a couple for me. Its a pretty cool process.

duane

Do the 2014 jeep wranglers have a new design Bubble windshield ??

Hi , I just bought a new 2014 wrangler an because of these post about windshields I've looked at mine closely an my windshield is not flat ,but is formed like a bubble an not at all flat .
I hope this new design will last better . Duane

loscann48

When people are talking about a flat and upright windshield, it is in comparison to most windshields. Not sure if jeep tweaked the windshield any on the 14's or not, but generally speaking it is flat!

OllllO Fanatic

I've used safelite, as well as some people I know. Everyone I spoke with at safelite treated me like a moron.....everyone is entilted to form their own opinions, but I wilk never recommend them to anyone.

I got mine done in Texas, and drove to their shop. I grew up in NH and feel customer service is better in the south. Not sure why they would be rude other wise. One would think they would want return customers. My wife and I both have never had issues.

Top Bottom