build advice and noob questions haha

Philip *AZ*

Banned
Each lift is going to be a bit different than the next. My 3.5" Rock Krawler came with 8 control arms. I got Bilstein 5100's. My setup works great for what I do. The Enforcer comes with 2 Front Lower Control Arms. It comes with Evo plush ride springs. You have to choose which shock you want. I hear its a great kit as well. Decide what you want to do with your Jeep, do some research and ask on here of course of what would work best for your type of wheeling and what you want to do with your jeep. For example, my JK is my Daily Driver and my weekend wheeler. The RK lift does exactly what I want it to do. I got a great look, ride, and have the ability to get into/out of some pretty hairy areas if wanted. I dont wheel hard which is why Im also keepin the Dana 30 up front. Everything about my jeep and how Ive built it is built around my style and expectations of my vehicle. I hope this helps you with your decision. Just because someone is running a particular lift or mod does not mean its going to work for you. Thats what I love about our JK's, the are very customizable to our own personal wants and desires.. I think the research is one of the funnest parts of the build. If you have questions dont be afraid to ask on this forum, the only dumb question is the one that isnt asked.. Good luck with your build, Im eager to see what you come up with.

Paratroopers stay up longer!

Otzy

Each lift is going to be a bit different than the next. My 3.5" Rock Krawler came with 8 control arms. I got Bilstein 5100's. My setup works great for what I do. The Enforcer comes with 2 Front Lower Control Arms. It comes with Evo plush ride springs. You have to choose which shock you want. I hear its a great kit as well. Decide what you want to do with your Jeep, do some research and ask on here of course of what would work best for your type of wheeling and what you want to do with your jeep. For example, my JK is my Daily Driver and my weekend wheeler. The RK lift does exactly what I want it to do. I got a great look, ride, and have the ability to get into/out of some pretty hairy areas if wanted. I dont wheel hard which is why Im also keepin the Dana 30 up front. Everything about my jeep and how Ive built it is built around my style and expectations of my vehicle. I hope this helps you with your decision. Just because someone is running a particular lift or mod does not mean its going to work for you. Thats what I love about our JK's, the are very customizable to our own personal wants and desires.. I think the research is one of the funnest parts of the build. If you have questions dont be afraid to ask on this forum, the only dumb question is the one that isnt asked.. Good luck with your build, Im eager to see what you come up with.

Paratroopers stay up longer!

okay then let me ask this, what do control arms do exactly haha? and why would i want 8 of them rather than 2?

and my style of wheeling isnt all out moab agressive. i need a daily driver to get me through college and work, along with a decent mountain vehicle. being in colorado, from what ive seen the majority of trails can be done with 35s and a winch for a few things haha, but im not even into crazy 4wd trails, what im more into is rugged and distant destinations, in high school i came across dozens of lakes and creeks for fishing that i couldve wheeled to but i just couldnt get to in a stock cherokee, so i want something that will get me out to those distant lakes and cliffs for climbing and fishing. For me its not just crazy hard trails, its the combination of the journey for a purpose to a great destination.

Everything about my jeep and how Ive built it is built around my style and expectations of my vehicle....

Just because someone is running a particular lift or mod does not mean its going to work for you.

These couldn't be more true words! Thats the beauty of it...you get to customize it to your needs and likes. No one else's. You will find others you like but only one will be yours :thumb:

StrizzyChris

okay then let me ask this, what do control arms do exactly haha? and why would i want 8 of them rather than 2?

Your Jeep comes with 8 control arms from the factory already. The control arms and your track bar are what keep your axle, without getting too technical, where it should be under your jeep. When lifting a jeep, this will cause your driveshaft angles to change due to you "lifting" the jeep up and away from the axle. To correct these angles, and get them as close to stock as possible, adjustable control arms will rotate and move the axle and help you to correct this. All 8 are great to have, but not always needed. It all depends on your uses. Usually with a mild lift, you can get away with front lower and rear upper control arms at first(or forever). As stated above it really depends on your uses.

DCR JEEP

I was looking forward to getting the jks disconnects for my 2012 jk 2dr is that a good choice? Would that help me fix my problem with having a hard time making the front flex and not having a front tire up in the air when going over a simple bump?

Thanks.

Berzerker

Supporting Advertiser TrailJeeps
Yes sway bar links are what prevents the axel from flexing. Jokes makes decent stuff for sure.

MTG

Caught the Bug
Sorry, late to the party. Enforcer fits your wants perfectly. You can run 35s or 37s without changing a thing. That is what I did. Ride is amazing on road and it can handle the biggest speed bumps at the mall. :thumb:

Good luck!

Top Bottom