Build up of Mountain Goat

JK_0311

Roughly $5k. Of course depending on options, that can change drastically.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

We’re you happy with their overall service and finished product? I’m a ways out from swapping axles, but still weighing options with junkyards being a possibility. Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

RocDoc

We’re you happy with their overall service and finished product? I’m a ways out from swapping axles, but still weighing options with junkyards being a possibility. Thanks.

Yes. Welds are nice and pretty (always a good sign), everything lined up as close to perfect as you can get. Waiting on front ABS sensors to be delivered so I can actually drive it.

RocDoc

So here’s a few problems I’ve run into...

E-brake cable from Fusion 4x4 is WAY too short, like 30”. I’ve called them and advised them. Apparently the wrong length cable found its way into my package. The correct length ones are on the way.
IMG_3459.jpg

Trackbar and mount both hit the top of the 60.
IMG_3514.jpg

Issue with the trackbar mount is fixed and new one is on order.
IMG_3520.jpg

Old drag link is about to become new trackbar.
18D348E0-036A-4436-B8AD-CACF7CA3667C.jpg

wjtstudios

Hooked
Glad it worked out. The TB relocation sucks, but at least there’s a solution

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler

RocDoc

It’s up and running. No idiot lights either! Tomorrow I’m taking it down to bleed the ABS modulator and hopefully get a decent pedal again. Looks like I may need another inch or so of lift to really clear the differential...coil spacers sound good at this point. Just need an alignment and a front driveshaft and it’ll be ready to wheel!

IMG_3588.jpg

IMG_3589.jpg

RocDoc

Wheel spacers came today. Now the rear width matches the front.

IMG_3623.jpg

Even with cutouts in the rim, I still had to cut off a small portion of the wheel studs on the 14 bolt
IMG_3624.jpg

Nice and wide = stable off road
IMG_3625.jpg

RocDoc

Axles are under, jeep is aligned. Took it to Chiva over the weekend. The extra traction was great. Lockers are fucked up though. Talked to TorqMasters today. These are not supposed to sound like this. Good news, the shop that did the locker install (installed when they did the gears and trusses) and the manufacturer are all on board to try and fix it.

Ok well nevermind on the video, it seems it isn’t an option to post from my phone. Just “Bang” and “Clank” that can be felt through the entire vehicle isn’t normal.

Oh yea, did the first gear oil change. Painted the diff cover....

IMG_3793.jpg

Don’t mind the oil from the hubs, that was from pulling the shafts doing all the troubleshooting the manufacturer asked me to do at home before going to the shop.

Top Bottom