Building of Cash

BaddestCross

I love your rig! You did the suspension that I'm aiming for as well. How do the coilovers ride? I got my 2-door Rubi this past July and have been focused on undoing the crap the last owner did and adding armor and safety/recovery equipment/gear. Next year will be upgrading the suspension to phase 2 (I pulled the spacers and stock coils and replaced them with Plush Rides and OMEs) and getting new wheels and tires. Was thinking 35s, but those 37s sure look sweet! Did you do anything else to beef up the front axle other than the gussets?

Sent from my SM-N915P using WAYALIFE mobile app

Jeeper714

I love your rig! You did the suspension that I'm aiming for as well. How do the coilovers ride? I got my 2-door Rubi this past July and have been focused on undoing the crap the last owner did and adding armor and safety/recovery equipment/gear. Next year will be upgrading the suspension to phase 2 (I pulled the spacers and stock coils and replaced them with Plush Rides and OMEs) and getting new wheels and tires. Was thinking 35s, but those 37s sure look sweet! Did you do anything else to beef up the front axle other than the gussets?

Thanks. I actually prefer the highway handling of my old 2014 Rubicon that had plush rides/Ranchos compared to the coilover setup. However I prefer the off-road handling etc of the coilovers over the plush rides. The ride height is very tall with the coilovers/37s - our 2 doors just aren't heavy compared to the 4 doors so there's minimal preload on my set up (there's a banging in the rear when going over bumps)

Nothing else in terms of beefing up the axles other than gussets and skids.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

BaddestCross

Thanks. I actually prefer the highway handling of my old 2014 Rubicon that had plush rides/Ranchos compared to the coilover setup. However I prefer the off-road handling etc of the coilovers over the plush rides. The ride height is very tall with the coilovers/37s - our 2 doors just aren't heavy compared to the 4 doors so there's minimal preload on my set up (there's a banging in the rear when going over bumps)

Nothing else in terms of beefing up the axles other than gussets and skids.

I've heard that about the coilovers before (noisy and rough on the highway). That's why I'm still on the fence for my final decision. I really do like the feel of the Plush Rides and Rancho 9k, so my second choice would be the 3" enforcer and stay on coils/shocks. I just realized you're here in the AV (I'm in Palmdale). Are you doing a lot of desert bombing or rocks? If you were to do it again, would you choose the coilovers?

Jeeper714

I've heard that about the coilovers before (noisy and rough on the highway). That's why I'm still on the fence for my final decision. I really do like the feel of the Plush Rides and Rancho 9k, so my second choice would be the 3" enforcer and stay on coils/shocks. I just realized you're here in the AV (I'm in Palmdale). Are you doing a lot of desert bombing or rocks? If you were to do it again, would you choose the coilovers?

Mainly been out by myself lately geocaching of some of the fire roads/trails out here - went out on some rocks in Sequoia but not nearly like I did in the 2014.

I'm in Lancaster.

I'm probably the only person that will say if I did it again - id prefer to go the plush ride coils route instead of coilovers.

BaddestCross

Mainly been out by myself lately geocaching of some of the fire roads/trails out here - went out on some rocks in Sequoia but not nearly like I did in the 2014.

I'm in Lancaster.

I'm probably the only person that will say if I did it again - id prefer to go the plush ride coils route instead of coilovers.

Lol. Thanks for that. I've been doing mostly fire roads close by aside from running up Last Chance a couple of times. Been working too much to be able to have the free time. I took the fire roads from Jawbone to Kernville which was a nice trip (found some good camping spots up there). I want to go up to Menache Meadows, but haven't been able to yet.

Clutch

Caught the Bug
I'm very surprised to hear you say that regarding coilovers vs plush rides. You may have just saved future me thousands, factoring in how I use my jeep coil and shock combo should be more than enough.

Sent from my BNTV600 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Jeeper714

I'm very surprised to hear you say that regarding coilovers vs plush rides. You may have just saved future me thousands, factoring in how I use my jeep coil and shock combo should be more than enough.

Don't get me wrong - I love my setup and the coilovers are badass however with having a light 2 door - for my preference, I'd choose plush rides for overall ride quality. Performance off-road hands down go to the coilovers though.

Clutch

Caught the Bug
Yea, I understand you fully, most of the lifts out there now are built for 4 doors, which stinks for us 2 door owners. Coilover are amazing! But I think your saying that for normal use the plush rides are about right.

Top Bottom