Bump steer after 4.5" Rubicon Express SuperFlex

08GumbyJKU

Well...looked over everything again and saw I put the passenger side end link on with the bend the wrong way. Flipped it around and drastically improved it. Steering wheel tightened back up. Yes I feel stupid and extremely surprised that one think effected steering so much.

kaptkrappy

E9BCB3DC-947F-4B46-AC70-CDFC82E02AEE_zpszpkwagbw.jpg

Well...looked over everything again and saw I put the passenger side end link on with the bend the wrong way. Flipped it around and drastically improved it.

Not sure what you are talking about.

Do you mean the track bar? I
n your picture, the track bar is installed correctly. (maybe it's an optical illusion) The bend goes out (towards the front) and around the differential housing.

08GumbyJKU

I think hes talking about sway bar end link or commonly called dissconect? they have a bend in them

Exactly what i'm talking about. Went and got it aligned, axles are where they're supposed to be, was a little out on the camber but now fixed. Still can't figure out the bumper steer issue..

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Should I take the frame side drop bracket and put the JKS back on?

While it is critical to keep your track bar and drag link parallel to each other, ideally, you also want them to be as close to being parallel to your axle and as close together as possible. This is why you typically see kits that come with a dropped pitman arm to also come with a frame side drop bracket and drag link flips to come with a track bar relocation bracket that mounts at the axle. I know that TeraFlex and Rubicon Express do NOT do this but, it doesn't mean that it's an optimal setup.

In other words, yes, I would remove the frame side drop bracket and reinstall your JKS axle side bracket so long as it is a relocation bracket.

08GumbyJKU

I have a JKS adjustable track bar. So I'm guessing my plan of action needs to be get the AXLE side bracket from JKS, run their track bar with their bracket and ditch the Rubicon Express frame side drop and track bar.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I have a JKS adjustable track bar. So I'm guessing my plan of action needs to be get the AXLE side bracket from JKS, run their track bar with their bracket and ditch the Rubicon Express frame side drop and track bar.

Depending on how much lift you actually got out of your lift and how much correction the JKS bracket offers, you may not even need to run an adjustable front track bar. I still run factory track bars on both my JK's.

08GumbyJKU

And the synergy mount is on. Around the neighborhood it rides better, about to straighten the steering and hit the road.

BC9BA063-05C7-4F13-8675-CC5C3D7B5778_zpsrkjn6zzg.jpg

08GumbyJKU

Handles a lot better that's for sure. Accidentally over tourqued the u bolt for the bracket so scrambling to find another so I can drive it.

08GumbyJKU

Have to say after a few weeks, 5.13s and lots of driving the steering is exactly where it needs to be. Handles very well on road, and off. Thanks again folks.

Top Bottom