Buying new tires...What should I get?

BLCK4X4

Hey guys, I'm going to by new tires, this week.. either 37's or 40's...I was looking into the Toyo OpenCountry M/Ts...

What would you guys recommend? Looking for the quietest mud tires on the market but still get good Preformance..

I'm sure everyone on here will agree that toyo mts are great. And if you have the jeep built to handle the big stuff then why ask. Go big or go home right. 40s

Toyo Open Country MTs are great mud terrains that have good on road behavior and last a decent amount of mileage.

I feel like a hardcore Nitto fanboy right now because I have been recommending the crap out of there Trail Grapplers. That being said, they are awesome tires. I think they stay reasonably quite, and there performance is solid.

I can't speak to Toyo's because I never ran them, but I would in a heart beat. I have Nitto TG's now and I love them too. Really quiet ride.

I also saw your other thread about only being on D44's and I'd stick to 37's if I were you. That's what I have on stock Rubicon axles and I haven't had any issues yet.

Cant be any happier with my Toyos. Only beef is that my 35s are E rated, so theyre a little on the stiff side. The track great on pavement. Quiet for an MT. off road they are flawless and tough as nails

I love my toyo 37s. Ran nitto trail grapplers when I had 35s. I'd say equivalent tires for performance and quietness. They both balance great too. My only complaint is the toyos being e rated. One thing to keep in mind in the toyo mts are 37x13.5 so they are a little wider and heavier. They were supposed to be coming out with a 37x12.5 version but dont know if it's out yet

I love my toyo 37s. Ran nitto trail grapplers when I had 35s. I'd say equivalent tires for performance and quietness. They both balance great too. My only complaint is the toyos being e rated. One thing to keep in mind in the toyo mts are 37x13.5 so they are a little wider and heavier. They were supposed to be coming out with a 37x12.5 version but dont know if it's out yet

The 37x12.5 is out and has a D load rating.

As everyone else has mentioned, Toyo's are hard to beat. Of all the MT's I have run, they still rank at about the top of my list for quietness, performance and durability.

I can't speak to Toyo's because I never ran them, but I would in a heart beat. I have Nitto TG's now and I love them too. Really quiet ride.

I also saw your other thread about only being on D44's and I'd stick to 37's if I were you. That's what I have on stock Rubicon axles and I haven't had any issues yet.

I am running 35" TG's right now on my D44's. I do have C gussets. I want to go up to the 37's when it's time to get new tires. Do you wheel alot? What kind of trails if you do?

How do the BF Goodrich Mud Terrains rank?

I'm running them in 35" now and they've been great off road here in Florida. This isn't my DD so road noise doesn't matter all that much but I've been thinking of 37's lately.

thanks

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1456633817.034932.jpg

Brown Santa brought me toyo RTs 35x12.5 they have impressed me for not being as aggressive as an MT, I ran them with 4.10 gears in my 3.8 JK with no issues at 75lbs (not air pressure, weight) per tire. Now I have 5.13s and they are better. They are also really quiet.

Really 5:13s on 35s how did it run on the highway I'm wanting to re gear mine too 4:88s with 35s I have stock gearing right now with 33s and it is terrible.

I went with the 37 toyo m/t's. Great tires so far, they balanced with very little weight, even on atx beadlocks. They are pretty quiet, I guess anything is quiet coming from mud grapplers lol.

Really 5:13s on 35s how did it run on the highway I'm wanting to re gear mine too 4:88s with 35s I have stock gearing right now with 33s and it is terrible.

It's not that bad it's an auto trans and the 3.8 so I'm at just under 2400rpm at 70mph ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1456680175.563706.jpg

Also a programmer to adjust for tire size and gears helps a lot

Last edited:
Top Bottom