C Gussets install...Wait...What

OhNoTheJiggies

Glad you got this taken care of! I was reading earlier in the week and was amazed at how they could have done something like that! But good to see that they rectified the situation. Plus you didn't have to install BJs yourself lol

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

jeeeep

Hooked
He was great about it and installed the new ball joints for me… My other ones were trashed....
Question about new ball joints… Do they need a break in period? These are tight but seem to wander just a bit. I know my camber is off just a little bit so it could be that it's more pronounced now that I feel it

I installed Dynatrac ball joints a few weeks ago - IMO they don't need a break-in period, they made my jeep handle much better.

you may want to check your caster and alignment, also a tire rotation will help determine is it's just your tire wear causing the wandering. do you have an aftermarket steering stabilizer?

Brianmly

I did just have the alignment done last week went I replaced my tie rod, but it may be worth getting re-checked today. I did have my right control arm adjusted just a little bit off to compensate for the jeep pulling to the right before, so I should get that checked again today.

jeeeep

Hooked
I did just have the alignment done last week went I replaced my tie rod, but it may be worth getting re-checked today. I did have my right control arm adjusted just a little bit off to compensate for the jeep pulling to the right before, so I should get that checked again today.

I don't recommend using the control arms to compensate for pulling, check that your caster is correct and both arms should be set the same length.

with the new ball joints that could be the cause of your pull now.

Brianmly

Thanks......The plan is to put that back to normal.
On a side note, I'd had time to kill yesterday on my drive down to Moab in the Jeep, and called Dynatrac about the ball joints and they did confirm that it does take 500-1000 mi to get them "broke in" and the wondering feel that I have is normal and will go away.

jeeeep

Hooked
Thanks......The plan is to put that back to normal.
On a side note, I'd had time to kill yesterday on my drive down to Moab in the Jeep, and called Dynatrac about the ball joints and they did confirm that it does take 500-1000 mi to get them "broke in" and the wondering feel that I have is normal and will go away.

good to know - maybe I didn't have that because of my PSC assist :thinking:

Brianmly

So just an update......just pulled into Moab a couple hours ago and 1200 miles later the Jeep is driving just fine. It was an exhausting drive though.....the best way to describe it, it was like driving with strong winds (weaving back and forth) for at least 800 mi until I started to notice it getting better.

black pearl

Hooked
So just an update......just pulled into Moab a couple hours ago and 1200 miles later the Jeep is driving just fine. It was an exhausting drive though.....the best way to describe it, it was like driving with strong winds (weaving back and forth) for at least 800 mi until I started to notice it getting better.

Well at least you got the break in done all at once

ScoobyCarolanNC

Glad you got there safe & you're all set. Enjoy!!!

Top Bottom