CALAMITY JANE Back from Paint - TEASER SHOT

Nic Try

WooHoo!! Just picked up Jane from paint and holy hell she's looking good!! Here's a teaser shot to give you a taste of what her new color looks like :wings:

20161216192145-9513ac61-me.jpg

EDIT : Here's a shot from further back that Cindy was able to take back at the shop.

20161216195324-daa4dc51-me.jpg

Love that color. That and the root beer brown are my favorite colors.

Nice work

Ddays

Hooked
That came out great! I keep passing one of these on the side of the road for sale near me and the wife says "NO!" every time we pass it....

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Thanks everyone! We're so glad that we went with her original factory color of Jetset Blue metallic. Looking at her dash and under the toolbox where she was still that color, we though it could look really nice but didn't know how much we'd love it on her entire body. :yup:

Very nice indeed

Thanks! I don't know if they did as good a job as I know you could have done but we think it came out great :yup:

View attachment 234720

here's Eddie when he got home!

LOL!! Yeah, that's about how I felt :crazyeyes:

Love it! Can't wait to see Jane fully dressed. 😉

Me too!! Sucks that it's only going to be in the low 30's today and that I have some chores to do first :rolleyes2:

It's a jeep thing they don't understand..haha. It looks really good. Did they shop just spray it or did you have them do any additional body work?

No additional body work was done - they just colored her up :yup:

Oh and harden the fuck up. ;)

I was born and raised in SoCal - I'm still acclimating :cheesy:

Love that color. That and the root beer brown are my favorite colors.

Nice work

Oh yeah, Root Beer brown is a classic for sure too. They had some funky cool colors back in the day :crazyeyes:

ScoobyCarolanNC

Fortunately, the shop isn't too far from home but by the time we left, it was dark and the snow was coming down hard. Without a windshield, I was getting blasted and my face was frozen :crazyeyes:

Wait. You drove it home like that? I figured she was on a trailer? Daaaaaaaaamn

Sent from my duck blind.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
That came out great! I keep passing one of these on the side of the road for sale near me and the wife says "NO!" every time we pass it....

:cheesy:

Wait. You drove it home like that? I figured she was on a trailer? Daaaaaaaaamn.

Trailer? What's a trailer? :crazyeyes:

Had she been ready last week like she was supposed to have been ready, the drive home would have been a lot nicer :crazyeyes:

Keep coming back to look at this beauty. Makes me want to restore a CJ5 someday so bad.

They are a ton of fun to work on if you ever get the chance :yup:

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
That blue is awesome. Jane is gonna be a head turner no doubt.

Thanks! It's funny because we were never planning on "restoring" her but rather, just firm her up and make her look "better". As time goes on, we've been trying harder and harder to do a better job if only because it's so much fun. Now, she's starting to look way better than we would have ever though :crazyeyes:

AllAmericanInfidel

Caught the Bug
WooHoo!! Just picked up Jane from paint and holy hell she's looking good!! Here's a teaser shot to give you a taste of what her new color looks like :wings:

20161216192145-9513ac61-me.jpg

EDIT : Here's a shot from further back that Cindy was able to take back at the shop.

20161216195324-daa4dc51-me.jpg

That tone of blue with those polished old school rally wheels looks amazing! Can't wait to see Jane put back together! She's going to be one gorgeous rig!

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom