CALAMITY JANE - Shaped Up & Almost Ready for Paint

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Thanks everyone. It's been hard not got get out and work on her every chance we get, it really has been that much fun. If it's at all possible, we'd really like to get her to paint next week. :yup:

jmatta33

LOL!! Lately, working on this Jeep has felt more like a full time job with overtime put in :crazyeyes:

Tell me about it. I finally got my roll cage finished for my JKU and just found out there is some serious rust damage to the entire passenger side floor panels. Looks like I will be sourcing a new tub this winter [emoji24]

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

metalic

We're going to restore her to her original factory Jetset Blue Poly Metallic.

attachment.php

attachment.php

:yup:
Interesting as I didn't know that was. A color name back then. Our Renegade TH is the new jetset blue

Sent from my SM-G900V using WAYALIFE mobile app

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Just got a quote in and have scheduled time to get paint done. Unfortunately, the soonest they can take us in is November :grayno:

Journeyman

No top, no doors, no windshield equals no problems!!!! Jealous.
Bummers on the November date. But they must be worth the wait! Besides it will be thanksgiving and then Christmas before know it.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Jeez so much progress in what feels like no time looks amazing!! Can't wait to see the end result

LOL!! Once we dove in and got started, it was hard to stop working on it every chance we had. :crazyeyes:

Just to get an idea idea on a project like this....how much in repairs (ballpark) will you have in her once she's done? I'd love to do something like this someday, maybe with my son.

Hard to say. Most of what we've been doing is just labor and assuming you have the equipment, tools and know how, you're just looking at time. The cost only starts to go up when you start to replace parts but even then, things like the new hood, fenders and grill can all be had for under a grand. If you buy used parts from a wrecking yard or ebay, you can save there too. For our purposes, I think paint will be the most expensive part of all this and if we were willing to do it ourselves, we could save a lot there too.

Top Bottom