Camber and caster off

Colorado4

08 Jeep JKU. New Steer Smarts tie rod, drag link and track bar.

Took it in to Les Schwaub for an alignment.

They were able to get Right toe back into specs. However caster and camber not so much.

Right caster 3.0 should be 3.7-4.7
Right camber ok

Left camber -1.0 should be 0.6-0.1
Left caster 2.5 should be 3.7-4.7

Tech said "must be something wrong with it."

Could the long arms being off cause the issues?

Any ideas?

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Your JK has a solid front axle and there is NO camber adjustment that can be made or at least, not without the use of exotic ball joints. Whatever camber you have is what was their from the factory or what you're now seeing from use.

Caster can ONLY be set with adjustable control arms. If you don't have any installed, your shop wouldn't have been able to do anything.

kevman65

Hooked
Unfortunately, if a "normal" alignment shop doesn't have a dedicated 4x4 guy, they won't make adjustments to correct caster.
Usually they won't tell you that until after they've had it on the rack and you owe them.

I have found one (1) Car-X shop in my town that WILL make adjustments on control arms to fix caster.

The only 4x4 shop remotely close to me is 4 Wheel Parts and that's a no go. They aren't touching anything on my JT.

There have been others, but they don't last long around here for some reason.

The BAD Influence

I love Les Schwab. They have a free alignment check policy. I make my own adjustments at home, then take it in for the free check. Get the print out, say thank you and go back home to make any necessary adjustments.

Top Bottom