Can I hide this with corner guards?

Bill S

If I were you I'd leave the license plate holder off. Your just going to break it again. Learned this through experience!

Chevy Dave

I pulled the tail light out today and just using my fingers and leaning back and putting my body weight on it I was able to get the upper half of the shallow dent out. Still two smaller crease type dings that are probably permanent. I didn't wanna take the plate holder off until I have a new one but once I do remove it I have a feeling I will be able to massage most of that shallow dent out too. So for now I think I'll just get a new plate holder and see if I can bolt it right on and skip the guards unless I decide it's still too ugly even with the plate holder

Devallee

Just use the plate to cover the damage. Like some guys already mentioned it's most likely gonna happen again at some point so you should just pop the dent out as much as possible and use the plate. I used the screws that held the plate holder on, drilled 2 holes through the plate, and put the screws right back into their place. Used an LED strip from auto zone and spliced it into the OEM license plate light and stuck it under my taillight. Haven't had a problem and if you take your time it'll look clean. I get compliments on it all the time. Also only costed me about 5 bucks total (just for the light) :thumb:

Sent from my SGH-M919 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Attachments

• 1395968137305.jpg
    1395968137305.jpg
    65.7 KB · Views: 75
  • 1395968147338.jpg
    1395968147338.jpg
    55.1 KB · Views: 74

Bill S

This is what I did. I've seen a similar mounting on a stock tire carrier. I think Rock Hard makes one.

Attachments

• 1395978697828.jpg
    1395978697828.jpg
    106.5 KB · Views: 59
Top Bottom