Carbon Axle

Robertcrav

How We Got Started

CARBON might be a new brand, but it has old roots! We are family owned and operated, and are using*decades*of experience to bring the Highest Quality products to you at a fair price! Here's a brief summary:

1985 - After college, *Ron Stobaugh co-founded*West Coast Differentials*in Northern California, not far from the Rubicon Trail.

1987 - Ron and his future wife Tracy start*Gear Performance, again in Northern California.

1990-96 - Racing off road almost full-time, winning races and Championships, Ron specializes in Baja races, learning the value of tough products in the middle of nowhere. Ron and Tracy have a son, Austin, who is kind of born into the whole off-road racing and business.

1997 - Ron Stobaugh co-founds*Superior Axle and Gearand*DriveTrain Direct. Austin works in the warehouse during summers packaging axle kits.

2004 - Ron starts*ALLOY USA, and eventually he and his team buy*Precision Gear. Austin works more and more learning about axle and gear manufacturing, assembly, marketing and customer service.

2007 - Ron and Austin start*Desert Race School(www.desertraceschool.com), where they have taught dozens of new racers and teams how to race competitively and safely.

2009 - Ron starts*TEN Factoryand manages the*Motive Gear*off-road program, developing sponsorships with Rob MacCachren, Robby Gordon, Casey Currie, Cameron and Heidi Steele, Jeremy McGrath, Bryce Menzies, Shannon Campbell, Brad and Roger Lovell and more!

2010 - Austin opens*Baja Tested(www.bajatested.com) for business.

2011 - Austin opens*Rubicon Tested*(www.rubicontested.com) for business.

2014 - Austin and Ron open*Baja Sunlight*(www.bajasunlight.com) for business, specializing in High Quality LED Lighting, sold DIRECT.

Ron works with Hammerking Productions and*King Of the Hammers, working on sponsorships and business relationships.

2015 - We're now ready to start*CARBON Off Road. We specialize in*Jeep products!*Chromoly Axle Kits, problem solving products, Carbon Fiber products, and products YOU suggest. Let us know if you see a problem that needs to be solved - if we haven't already looked into it, we will. And we will sell*Direct and through Authorized Distributors, saving you money!*

2016 - One of our customers from Desert Race School partners with our family, creating*Off Road Brands, Inc. We remain a family business, no out of touch executives to explain off road to or big investment companies involved. We may stumble, run out of product*occasionally as we grow, but our prices will be fair, our products will be the highest quality, and we will treat you like our family.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

benatc1

Hooked
How We Got Started

CARBON might be a new brand, but it has old roots! We are family owned and operated, and are using*decades*of experience to bring the Highest Quality products to you at a fair price! Here's a brief summary:

1985 - After college, *Ron Stobaugh co-founded*West Coast Differentials*in Northern California, not far from the Rubicon Trail.

1987 - Ron and his future wife Tracy start*Gear Performance, again in Northern California.

1990-96 - Racing off road almost full-time, winning races and Championships, Ron specializes in Baja races, learning the value of tough products in the middle of nowhere. Ron and Tracy have a son, Austin, who is kind of born into the whole off-road racing and business.

1997 - Ron Stobaugh co-founds*Superior Axle and Gearand*DriveTrain Direct. Austin works in the warehouse during summers packaging axle kits.

2004 - Ron starts*ALLOY USA, and eventually he and his team buy*Precision Gear. Austin works more and more learning about axle and gear manufacturing, assembly, marketing and customer service.

2007 - Ron and Austin start*Desert Race School(www.desertraceschool.com), where they have taught dozens of new racers and teams how to race competitively and safely.

2009 - Ron starts*TEN Factoryand manages the*Motive Gear*off-road program, developing sponsorships with Rob MacCachren, Robby Gordon, Casey Currie, Cameron and Heidi Steele, Jeremy McGrath, Bryce Menzies, Shannon Campbell, Brad and Roger Lovell and more!

2010 - Austin opens*Baja Tested(www.bajatested.com) for business.

2011 - Austin opens*Rubicon Tested*(www.rubicontested.com) for business.

2014 - Austin and Ron open*Baja Sunlight*(www.bajasunlight.com) for business, specializing in High Quality LED Lighting, sold DIRECT.

Ron works with Hammerking Productions and*King Of the Hammers, working on sponsorships and business relationships.

2015 - We're now ready to start*CARBON Off Road. We specialize in*Jeep products!*Chromoly Axle Kits, problem solving products, Carbon Fiber products, and products YOU suggest. Let us know if you see a problem that needs to be solved - if we haven't already looked into it, we will. And we will sell*Direct and through Authorized Distributors, saving you money!*

2016 - One of our customers from Desert Race School partners with our family, creating*Off Road Brands, Inc. We remain a family business, no out of touch executives to explain off road to or big investment companies involved. We may stumble, run out of product*occasionally as we grow, but our prices will be fair, our products will be the highest quality, and we will treat you like our family.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

I’m confused- do you own Carbon or is this a copy/paste from their website?

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
That also includes a better locker, significantly stronger axle shafts, stronger tubes.

**And a high clearance design which actually does make a difference. I've had several instances where the cutout in the pumpkin stopped me from getting hung up.

You're not really comparing apples to apples here.
I bet if you looked at a PR44 for Rubi Internals and no tube upgrade, the cost would be very similar.

It's been a while and so things may have changed but back in the day, my ProRock 44 housing made for Rubi internals was only about $1600.

Carbon itself is not a new company, the owners actually have a long history. Their partnership with Currie to brand the axles is new. Ron and Austin (Carbon) are good helpful guys. I run the Currie RJ44s with Carbon shafts that literally came out of Austins Jeep.

That's cool and all but the OP wasn't asking if the owners were "good helpful guys", he was asking if "anyone had ever had experience" dealing with their warranty. Fact of the matter is, Carbon IS a new company and there's no way anyone could of had one of their axles long enough to know. Not saying that they wouldn't give you the shafts out of their Jeep or honor their warranty but even the resume you posted up shows that they've never been at anyone of the companies they were a part of long enough to see a warranty all the way through. But again, the best warranty is the one you never have to use.

I’m confused- do you own Carbon or is this a copy/paste from their website?

It's from their website.

Top Bottom