CARNAGE!! Let's See Your Best Breaks & Trail Damage

rubiRI77

not me, but a fellow Rhode Islander from jk forum up at the Maine jeep jambore. I don't THINK he'll mind sharing :D:
69125_10151188573216505_1601921618_n.jpg 269120_4279213592404_926061976_n.jpg

piginajeep

The Original Smartass
wayoflife said:
Here's a shot of JeepCachers's factory rear drive shaft after he barber-poled it :D

Wait a minute, everyone on the forums say they run the factory shafts, wheel hard and not have any problems?? Wtf? :)

MTG

Caught the Bug
ChrisB said:
Wait a minute, everyone on the forums say they run the factory shafts, wheel hard and not have any problems?? Wtf? :)

I haven't broke anything at the mall or on QWERTY Canyon. ;)

Joebot13

Nothing impressive ... but this one I thought was funny ... I somehow ended up with a puncture from a Gerber buried nose deep in my tire

Chairokey

Joebot13 said:
Nothing impressive ... but this one I thought was funny ... I somehow ended up with a puncture from a Gerber buried nose deep in my tire

That might be god saying get some new tires :D

The Wandering Jeeper

Caught the Bug
There are a lot of things you can break on the trail and still get back to pavement with a few trail fixes - a broken sector shaft isn't one of them. You break it and you're up a creek without a paddle, that is of course, unless you have a spare. Changing one out on the trail is a lot of "fun". Took Mel from Off Road Evolution and I both working on it at the same time still took about 3 hours to do. Once broken, the remaining shaft is a real pain to remove especially without damaging the seals or bearings.

Our PSC help keep our sector shaft from breaking for over 3 years so, it did it's job well but, when you keep pushing things, they can and still will break.

Even though I have a Sector Shaft brace I believe I will add a sector shaft to my parts box. Thank you for the idea Eddie.

dremex

Breakage of the spider gears in my D35 rear (yeah I was one of the unlucky 07's):

82938d-IMG_0605_870x550.jpg

6e58d9-IMG_0606_870x550.jpg

6427b6-IMG_0600_870x550.jpg

7de0c2-IMG_0593_870x550.jpg

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Here's something you never want to see - motor oil that looks like a venti cafe latte...
main.php

BRAINS!! Never a good thing when you get 9 quarts of oil out of an oil pan that normally holds 6...
main.php

These were shots taken from Trail Buds JK after he hydro-locked it out in Monache Meadows. :crazyeyes:

piginajeep

The Original Smartass
wayoflife said:
Here's something you never want to see - motor oil that looks like a venti cafe latte...

BRAINS!! Never a good thing when you get 9 quarts of oil out of an oil pan that normally holds 6...

These were shots taken from Trail Buds JK after he hydro-locked it out in Monache Meadows. :crazyeyes:

We need a second thread for all Doug's breaks

piginajeep

The Original Smartass
wayoflife said:
:cheesy: you know, i could have but, i liked the idea of feeding this thread with new material from time to time :D

Well lucky you have enough pictures from Doug to keep this thread going for a long time

l1kenother

I'll add to more R&P. Heres my Yukon 4.56s in my D30 on my Cherokee. 35"s ripped them apart in the snow.

100_2763.jpg

Also unlucky me got to experience the overtightened fill plug on my AX15 from the previous owner..
C360_2011-01-2914-32-06.jpg

C360_2011-01-2914-31-28.jpg

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I'll add to more R&P. Heres my Yukon 4.56s in my D30 on my Cherokee. 35"s ripped them apart in the snow.

Also unlucky me got to experience the overtightened fill plug on my AX15 from the previous owner..

Oh man, those are some good breaks - the fill plug one just wrong!! Thanks for sharing :thumb:

l1kenother

Oh man, those are some good breaks - the fill plug one just wrong!! Thanks for sharing :thumb:

I know and all this was happening within weeks of the start of last year. Other breaks along with those was my shifter fork breaking in my teralow 4:1 and my brand new Cat getting smashed on the rubicon. Bad luck sometimes. But things happen and its.. well, a way of life!

Top Bottom