CARNAGE!! Let's See Your Best Breaks & Trail Damage

Frydaddy

Ouch. Did the oil pan actually breach or just bend? As in, did you lose any oil?

At first, i thought the exhaust flange poked a hole in the pan, But it turns out one whole side of the pan bent up and the Piston Rod Cap Studs gouged out some groves in the pan.

A big hammer and a little JB weld has fixed that up nice.

The downpipe however... two of the pipes are almost smashed flat. Anyone have a 3/4" pipe expander?
IMG_20170709_110456746_HDR.jpg

WJCO

Meme King
Scraped my passenger side slider a little. I didn't even know until I got home. I said out loud, "I don't remember hitting anything on this side." My wife said "I do! That's when I said, 'Oh shit!' "

0715171732.jpg

Frydaddy

Weekend trip to flagstaff to wander around the pines. As we were headed around Mormon lake, I heard a rattle but couldn't narrow it down. Turns out it was the shock nut working its way loose. I found this guy wedged up in the corner of the Fenderwell.
IMG_20170715_171319147.jpg

A quick stop to the hardware store, for a nylock nut, washer, and fashioned an upper bushing from an expanding plug.
IMG_20170715_173045307.jpg

Dear Fiat... Eff You! How am I supposed to fit a crescent wrench AND a box wrench in this little slot?!
IMG_20170715_172327559.jpg

jknikos

Thought I could get away with 4.56 gears and 'only' 35s..... :eek: D30 :doh:

15878746_1587505117932821_1851888176_n.jpg 15879222_1587505137932819_1686766922_n.jpg

I have a broken synthetic rope, broken wheel spacer(no name :doh:) bent rough country steering stabilizer, destroyed OME shock and three bent stock control arms. I will see if I can find any photos.

jknikos

I forgot to mention that the worst trail damage that i have had was while i was playing on some fire roads with snow during a snowstorm. It was extremely light off road. I drove through a small mud hole and i was unlucky a wood to cut my fuel line! The engine died and it was something i was not prepared for especially with freezing cold temperatures and with the night coming! I left the jeep on the trail and came to fix it next morning! I was extremely sad leaving my jeep alone but i had no other choice!

Sent from my LG-D855 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Last edited:

ThatChemicalGuy

I dropped my phone from a 40 foot drop at work the other day aha man that was an intense fall for an I phone. Crazy part was it still worked just no display on the screen but yeah it was totaled.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app
Yea I ran mine over with my buggy lol. This isn't even the "worst" trail carnage I've seen. My brother ripped the knuckle off his ProRock a while back but if photobucket wasn't being a bitch I could post a pic of it lol

tgoss

Took a pretty hard hit on the carrier yesterday. For whatever reason this is the first trail blemish I'm actually kinda down about. This was the biggest pain in the ass to install and dial in, especially with all the wiring through the carrier. I'll have to heat it and pull it when I get a chance to see if it's salvageable bit at this point I can't latch both pins anymore.

IMG_6622.jpg

IMG_6617.jpg

WJCO

Meme King
Took a pretty hard hit on the carrier yesterday. For whatever reason this is the first trail blemish I'm actually kinda down about. This was the biggest pain in the ass to install and dial in, especially with all the wiring through the carrier. I'll have to heat it and pull it when I get a chance to see if it's salvageable bit at this point I can't latch both pins anymore.

Ouch. Wondering if you could straighten it on a press?

tgoss

Gonna take the tire off and keep it linked, heat it and use a puller at the shop similar to how we pull/square a frame. If that fails I honestly might run no spare after JKX

benatc1

Hooked

View attachment 272726

View attachment 272727

Dang, had to be a hard hit- that carrier is stout and heavy

Top Bottom