CarolinaJK's 2-Door Build Thread

thereich

Jeep looks good man! I like seeing more two doors on here. You're pretty much to the big step of a front axle :rock:

CarolinaJK

Mine always did too. Thats why my current build, will start with the first big purchase of a UD44 front axle and gears/locker for the rear. That way its out of the way from the start.

Yeah, that's a good plan! I need to start putting money aside for one, but would rather buy a house at this point.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

thereich

Yeah, that's a good plan! I need to start putting money aside for one, but would rather buy a house at this point.

Haha I feel ya on that! I just signed the sales agreement for my first house. Gotta buy a house to move into once my fiancé and I get married. Can't live together till then :mad: All I do is put all my change in a jar and every few extra bills I got in my wallet I'll throw in. I won't look at it for a while then when I feel like I got enough, or close, I'll empty it.

How do you like the SFZ doors? I didn't care for them when I first saw them but they are growing on me.

GraniteCrystal

Congrats on doors. Been looking at those. Wife wants some after our trail ride to keep the dust out.

Are you leaving the matter black? Paint them? Plastidip grill to match?

CarolinaJK

Thanks everyone!

As of right now, I like the doors a whole lot. They bend and bounce right back which is really nice. They have a pretty decent amount of storage inside of them as well. They're very light and easy to put on and take off.

I'm looking to get them wrapped to match my paint, but after speaking with a few companies, I may leave them black. Most companies want as much as I payed for the doors to wrap them.

WJCO

Meme King
Thanks everyone!

As of right now, I like the doors a whole lot. They bend and bounce right back which is really nice. They have a pretty decent amount of storage inside of them as well. They're very light and easy to put on and take off.

I'm looking to get them wrapped to match my paint, but after speaking with a few companies, I may leave them black. Most companies want as much as I payed for the doors to wrap them.

Have you considered doing the wrap yourself? The material is pretty affordable and there are good videos on youtube. It may not be perfect, but will match better than black and save you some money. I know Hinrichs did his. We did our interiror and it wasn't hard at all IMO.

Napalm

Have you considered doing the wrap yourself? The material is pretty affordable and there are good videos on youtube. It may not be perfect, but will match better than black and save you some money. I know Hinrichs did his. We did our interiror and it wasn't hard at all IMO.

I agree with this idea. They wanted $600 to wrap mine and that was with a discount!

Top Bottom