CARRY a 37" SPARE TIRE on a JL WRANGLER TAILGATE with LoD RISER BRACKETS

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I've realized just how much more the Cooper 13.5 sticks out than the BFG's I had. crazy how it does and glad I had my stinger as well even though I have it mounted a separate tire carrier.

I've had several people ask why I have the stinger, I'm going to show them this post, perfect example of why :thumb:

The stinger isn't a perfect solution and in a lot of ways, will rob you of departure angle but it will help to keep your spare from catching on ledges or obstacles.

jeeeep

Hooked
The stinger isn't a perfect solution and in a lot of ways, will rob you of departure angle but it will help to keep your spare from catching on ledges or obstacles.

this is true, I'm having a modified unit made to help with departure angles and still protect catching the spare...hoping it works!

unaseer

As many of you know, Cindy and I just got done installing an EVO 2.5" Boost Lift on JET Li, our 2018 Jeep JL Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited and he's now running a set of 37x13.50 Cooper STT Pros. Of course, the problem that needed to be solved was, how are we going to carry a spare? Initially, we ordered a Mopar tailgate reinforcement kit with upgraded tire carrier but for one reason or another, we still don't have it. Fortunately, I got talking to our good friends over at LoD and they were kind enough to send us a prototype of their all new Destroyer riser/spacer brackets to test out. The following photos are what they look like, how they look installed and how we got everything to work.

Any word on when those risers will be available?

Also when we sent Eddie the riser, we hadn't yet had time to make some tire isolator mounts/risers :doh: So here they are, as well as a third brake light riser!

However, hockey pucks do wonders as well :D +1 for creativity Eddie!!

pPDezO.md.jpg

notnalc68

That dude from Mississippi
LōD Offroad;1035349 said:
Also when we sent Eddie the riser, we hadn't yet had time to make some tire isolator mounts/risers :doh: So here they are, as well as a third brake light riser!

However, hockey pucks do wonders as well :D +1 for creativity Eddie!!

View attachment 298500

Cool that you addressed the isolator issue!

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom