Child seat suggestions!

BadApple

I use Britax exclusively. Some say I'm crazy to buy such an expensive car seat for my boys. I say if pay triple for guaranteed safety. You can't put a price on your kids so don't skimp on the cars eat. I have them rear facing until at least 2 years old or the seat weight limit will allow. Same for the full back boosters. My oldest is in a Britax Frontier and will remain with the full back until 85lbs when it is no longer safe as designated by Britax.
That frontier is super nice and on the cheap end of what we have been looking at!! Thanks! Price is definitely
not an issue when it comes to my kiddos. And to whoever made the comment about upgrading to a unlimited i would but 1 i dont have expendable funds to be able to buy new cars whenever and 2 i think they are ugly yea im sure the extra room is nice but not worth it for me thats what the suburban is for

JAGS

Hooked
I use Britax exclusively. Some say I'm crazy to buy such an expensive car seat for my boys. I say if pay triple for guaranteed safety. You can't put a price on your kids so don't skimp on the cars eat. I have them rear facing until at least 2 years old or the seat weight limit will allow. Same for the full back boosters. My oldest is in a Britax Frontier and will remain with the full back until 85lbs when it is no longer safe as designated by Britax.

None of the harmony ones i see have harnesses. Thats one of the main things we are looking for in the new seat.

Sounds like you'll need a two-stage booster if you want with harness and for a shoulder belt in the future. I went from Childseat/booster with harness (and LATCH) to booster with back/headrest. I'd just check out the safety ratings/review and go with the safest seat you can afford. Obviously you don't skimp just because of the price tag. :crazyeyes: My point on that, was there are some imported seats that are ridiculously expensive just because they are from Italy, etc.

BadApple

i Understand completely what you were saying wasnt arguing. All the good britax recaros simpsons are all the same price just wanted to know what everyone else has ran.

BigBoy

Sounds like you'll need a two-stage booster if you want with harness and for a shoulder belt in the future. I went from Childseat/booster with harness (and LATCH) to booster with back/headrest. I'd just check out the safety ratings/review and go with the safest seat you can afford. Obviously you don't skimp just because of the price tag. :crazyeyes: My point on that, was there are some imported seats that are ridiculously expensive just because they are from Italy, etc.

Some that I have talked to do skimp on the seat due to price. They won't even consider a seat over $100. Did I enjoy forking over $230 on the Britax, not really. Just saying that the Britax is worth it to me. They are a leader in the industry for a reason. I do draw the line when it comes to having designer gear. Just cuz it looks pretty to my wife, if it's not safer, it's not worth it to me. Sounds like the OP is on the right track. If you can fit the in the rear seat, I encourage it. Perhaps buying 2 new seats to make this happen would be an option I would pursue over using the front seat.

BadApple

Some that I have talked to do skimp on the seat due to price. They won't even consider a seat over $100. Did I enjoy forking over $230 on the Britax, not really. Just saying that the Britax is worth it to me. They are a leader in the industry for a reason. I do draw the line when it comes to having designer gear. Just cuz it looks pretty to my wife, if it's not safer, it's not worth it to me. Sounds like the OP is on the right track. If you can fit the in the rear seat, I encourage it. Perhaps buying 2 new seats to make this happen would be an option I would pursue over using the front seat.

Trust me i woul dlove to get all 3 in the back seat but its not gonna happen. As for seats im probably gonna get the britax frontier or the diono radian. both around the same price. Just for future reference has anyone else seen the beard seat i was talking about earlier i would love to swap to 2 of them in the rear eventually or a seat like it.

07JKSahara

I know I'm a little late to this, but we have both the Uppababy version and the Maxi Cosi. The Maxi Cosis by FAR the superior of the two. It's made for wet-suit material, super easy to clean, and looks 10x more comfortable than even the drivers seat. We have one in the JK and one in the '11 GC. The Maxi is my daughter's favorite. Just my :twocents:

BadApple

Thanks but those arent really the style we are looking for and like i said before we have to have one with s hsrness@

JAGS

Hooked

For price alone, that is just stupid. Now if you've got comparable seats/"kid protection" and one is less, than that is buyers choice. I didn't need to go with a harness booster. With twins, it's always been hard throwing down double what most parents need too. Then double that again for wife's car too. :crazyeyes: Safety trumps all though.

Is it a bench seat in the back of a 2 door. I thought it was a bench seat. I figured you could put the baby seat in middle using the latch system and then boosters on both sides of that to use the seatbelts.

Edit: ok I see what seats you have. Only issue with what I said is it looks like the seatbelt latches would be covered by the baby seat.

Last edited:

JKbrick

We find out tomorrow what we are having if it's legs aren't crossed. I think we are buying it tomorrow too

Top Bottom