Child seat suggestions!

NFRs2000NYC

Caught the Bug
I use a Recaro Proride for my daughter and its a very good seat. Comfortable, extremely well made (much better than most other brands I've tried) and converts as the child grows. I highly recommend it.

JKWrang

Graco and evenflo are the two brands we use. My wife is a safety Nazi!

Edit: the graco is a 5 pt harness, latch system, convertible for use from newborn to +90 lbs. Adjustable height and recline.
Sent via secret squirrel underground network.

Last edited:
Graco and evenflo are the two brands we use. My wife is a safety Nazi!

Edit: the graco is a 5 pt harness, latch system, convertible for use from newborn to +90 lbs. Adjustable height and recline.
Sent via secret squirrel underground network.

Right nothing wrong with a graco. Was completely safe and easy to use for us as well. Safety is a concern for me as well that's why my daughter seat is in the middle of the back seat in my jeep in case of side impact. That's also why I bought a 4 door jeep. I had a nice ride before as well but less safe and was 2 door. I personally wouldn't strap mine in the front but I also remember when I was little growing up riding in the front seat was normal so maybe I'm wrong.

BadApple

Trust me if I had a choice she would set in the back but I dont so im working with what I got. Thats why we were looking for the safest seat on the market and in our opinion it is now on the way to our house.

Sent from my SM-T210R using WAYALIFE mobile app

Trust me if I had a choice she would set in the back but I dont so im working with what I got. Thats why we were looking for the safest seat on the market and in our opinion it is now on the way to our house.

Yea I understand gotta do what you gotta do. Pull the airbag plug on that side and you should be good. Like I said I remember the days when I rode in front when I was that age. And I'm only 28. Funny how much has changed since even I was young, can't imagine what's it's like for the older folks. lol.

Millsy

Best to check with a local police station first. Just because she's over 40lbs doesn't mean it's safe for her to be in the front seat. There are age and height requirements as well.

Not one manufacturer will include instructions for using their seats in the front. Looks like you have a 2011 Jeep. You will not be able to defeat the airbag and your cargo is too precious to risk it.

I understand the financial impact of a new car but you are sadly between a rock and a hard place. Kids and front seat airbags don't mix, you are playing with fire. Just my 2 cents, don't mean to come off as judgemental.

Camomal

We are expecting in April and just found this online, price is good only tomorrow.
View attachment 58524

We have this one for our daughter and the better half really likes it. granted I payed the 450 for it but would gladly do it again. It looks comfortable and cozy enough to well.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Last edited:

JKbrick

Went to the doc yesterday and it's a girl!! Ordered this one afterwards with an extra base for the Jeep

Camomal

Went to the doc yesterday and it's a girl!! Ordered this one afterwards with an extra base for the Jeep

Congrats!! My daughter was born 10/28 and the first thing I did was get a new shotgun. Lol

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using WAYALIFE mobile app

David1tontj

Congrats on the girl!! My first was a girl, and it just makes all the cool things she does cooler being that she is a girl! She loves wrenching in the garage, wheeling in the jeep, and riding her dirtbike! She's a daddy's girl!

05 Tj, long arm, one ton, lockers, winches, 39.5" Iroks

BadApple

Congrats on the baby!!!! Ours is due on the 9th of janruary but will probably be here a little early!! I hope he is into outdoors as my other babies lol

CRH

That's awesome, my daughter is due on January 11th, but she also might come a little early

Sent from my SCH-S738C using WAYALIFE mobile app

BadApple

So a little update, we have had the britax frontier 70 for almost a year now and our little guy was getting to big for his infant seat so we went ahead and bought the britax marathon g4 to match the oldest girls seat and he is loving it. As soon as he gets put in it he goes to sleep lol! He loves to be in the jeep and this seat and britax in my opinion is the safest seat in the market.

jesse3638

Hooked
I agree my daughter has had several car seats and boosters due to multiple vehicles and a couple accidents and they have all been britax. Always very well built and my daughter loves them. Keep in mind that manufacturers advise to replace any child seat that's been in a vehicle involved in an accident. Most insurance companies will reimburse you for this as well. We did it twice, just provided the receipt. First was my mother in law, second was the ex. Guess she learned how to drive from her mom..haha.

Sent from my 831C using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom