• Mojito Green, JL color

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Chestnut Brown Metallic, Classic 70's

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

AZ Explorer

Caught the Bug
Can’t wait to see it up on 35’s. Are you going to do the Gears too?

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Once I get it on jackstands I'm going to check the ratio. It seems to rev pretty high at 60-65 like it really wants an extra gear. From what I've read, it's possible it could have 4:10's in it... that may be very optimistic. I would rather not re-gear if I can avoid it. I want to do widetrack 44's front and rear down the road so investing too much in these axles is not on my wish list.

AZ Explorer

Caught the Bug
Good news, mostly. The box kit showed up a little bit ago. Did an inventory and all the parts are there, so tomorrow begins the install of the lift. Down side is only two of my tires showed up so far with the other two due in on Monday. Since the wheels are here (at Discount at least) I am having them mount and balance the two they have. They will be ready for pickup first thing tomorrow. This will at least give me an idea on clearance issues I may have to address and whether or not I will want spacers to push the tires out.
If I don't end up wanting spacers, that will save a few bucks and, later will change my axle choice to narrow track. Time will tell.

IMG_0377.jpg

wjtstudios

Hooked
Once I get it on jackstands I'm going to check the ratio. It seems to rev pretty high at 60-65 like it really wants an extra gear. From what I've read, it's possible it could have 4:10's in it... that may be very optimistic. I would rather not re-gear if I can avoid it. I want to do widetrack 44's front and rear down the road so investing too much in these axles is not on my wish list.

They were rare with the 4:10s. Hope you have them!

If all goes right I’m swapping my Dana 30 and AMC 20 up to 44s this winter when I swap the 258 out for a 360 I bought off a friend. East coast gear has a good reputation in the CJ world, I might go that route for the 44’s.

Jaybird 11

Caught the Bug
I had some 32x 11.50s on mine with narrow track axles. 15x8 wheels with no spacers and they rubbed. Mine is 33x 10.50 bfg now with 2in spacers now. No rubbing.

Sent from my SM-G920V using WAYALIFE mobile app

wjtstudios

Hooked
I had some 32x 11.50s on mine with narrow track axles. 15x8 wheels with no spacers and they rubbed. Mine is 33x 10.50 bfg now with 2in spacers now. No rubbing.

Sent from my SM-G920V using WAYALIFE mobile app

Got to be wide track or beyond. I’m running 33x12.5 on 3.5” backspacing on wide tracks. No rubbing but under full flex I get into the fenders and body. With the next set of axles, I may have an 1” added to each side. I’m going back to cragar wheels and will loose an 2” of back space. 4” lift too!

AZ Explorer

Caught the Bug
Well that escalated quickly! 😂

--
Build Thread - Adventures of Fiona - https://wayalife.com/showthread.php?t=47407

Ha! Lift kit... escalated... I see what you did there.:clap2: Slid past me the first time.

Okay, Did not get to spend as much time on the Jeep as I wanted to today. Had a meeting with our credit union today and my wife and I got pre-approved for a house. So that's good news.

What I did accomplish Jeep-wise, is I installed the transfer case drop brackets, the front leaf springs and bushings.

The first two tires are on and definitely need the body lift. I may need some half inch lift shackles, but if I do I have some degree shims to bring it back in line.

Also had to go get wheel spacers. Not spidertrax but Synergy 1.5, the only other brand I would run. One of my local shops had them on the shelf, so I had to run and get them before they closed. That ate up more time.
The thing is, I'm not in a hurry to get it all done in one day and, I am really enjoying the process. This little Jeep is so easy to work on. And I have to say I love that it is a southwest vehicle. All the bolts have come apart so easy, no cutting or grinding.

I will have the rear springs on tomorrow along with the shocks. The sway bar will take longer as getting the old links replaced are the only things that's giving me trouble since the kit didn't come with longer links. This is fine since I won't be driving it anyhow for a while. I'll order something with disconnects.

Once again, the rear tires aren't tracked to get here until Monday so I won't get those on until Monday night or Tuesday. Once those are on, I'll do some pics. I kind of want the pics done with the top off so we'll see how that goes. It has been dry with pretty warm weather, so I think I should be good. The only thing that could push pics back is if the body lift comes in. I will probably install that first but if it ends up getting tracked for like, Friday, then I'll just put up a couple as it sits now and add more later.

Last edited:

AZ Explorer

Caught the Bug
The other two tires came in today and so did the Daystar 1" body lift. Got the majority of the lift done. Just need to fine tune some things like shifter clearance and such but it's on there. Tires are all on as well. Tried to take a couple pics but it was too dark and you couldn't make out anything.

Need to finish taking out the rear driveshaft so I can move it out of the garage tomorrow. Even though there is a ton of stuff to still do, I will try to get some decent pics done after work. It will at least give the general idea of what I'm doing.

This feels like a hurry up and wait project. Despite getting so much done, this thing probably won't be drivable until between late spring or even up to next fall. But that's okay. I'd rather take my time and do things right the first time. And now that I think about it, I wasn't really expecting to get another Jeep for at least another two to three years. So no matter how long it takes, I'm probably still ahead of the game.

VeruGE*144

Caught the Bug
Nice, good to hear it’s coming along. Take your time, no reason to rush anything. One of the best things about owning a Jeep (other than wheeling it) is having a blast wrenching. I remember the post when you traded the Jeep in for the Ram and said it’ll be a while until another one. lol, it’s only been couple months... you are defiantly ahead of the game, enjoy your build [emoji16]

Can’t wait to see some pictures.

AZ Explorer

Caught the Bug
Can’t wait to see some pictures.

Finally!!!

Was able to move it outside to get some pics. Here are the details...
4" ProComp suspension lift and 1" body lift (still not quite finished with the minor stuff on either one but will get to it eventually).

15x10 US Mag wheels 3.5 inch backspacing. 1.5 Synergy spacers, this gives it the stance of wide track axles which I'll be going to later.

35-12.50-15 Mickey Thompson MTZ P3 tires.

IMG_0385.jpg

IMG_0387.jpg

IMG_0389.jpg

IMG_0391.jpg

Top Bottom