Cj series

Butch

Are there any CJ series Jeeps in the forum?
Watching all the cool Jeeps that bend like a cooked noodle makes me wonder if I'm the only no flex guy here. What a fun "Way Of Life".

Montague3636

I do have a jk but am looking to restore my 1986 cj7 ! Runs and drivers great just needs a new tub . Living in Michigan has did a number on it

No, your not alone! Yea, have a 13 JKUR but still have my old 75 CJ-5 sitting back in the shop waiting for some TLC. Drove it as a daily driver for many years and a many a four wheeling adventures until I turned it into a desert racer in the late 80's and its been ignored since the late 90's... I'm torn between rebuilding it to make a custom crawler out of it or do a custom JK build from the ground up...:crazyeyes: :thinking:

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Unfortunately, I sold my CJ7 a few years back but, would love to get another some day. Just picked up a 72 J-2000 truck and I can assure you that it isn't very flexy :crazyeyes:

Butch

Thanks to all. It's interesting to me to see how much flex many get. With me it's hard to keep all the wheels down. But is part of the fun..

Butch

So Desert Rose I'm curious how you can make a CJ into a rock crawler? Would you put some kind of independent suspension? Sounds fun.

dahreno

Banned
I also have a JKUR and an old Jeep. It's a 61 Willys wagon. I just did some work to make it more flexible. What do you think ?

RockyJk

I have my jk and I've got a 1980 CJ7
This is what it currently looks like
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1399262804.391718.jpg
I'm wanting to get it running soon as it's been sitting there for almost 2 years now 😔

Woody3

Butch, maybe a coil over setup is in your future???? Lol

Keep your head low and your powder dry.

Top Bottom