Clayton Off Road

Indefatigable

I have been running the Clayton long arm in my LJ for over 60k miles. Lots of wheeling.

Held up great. Stripped the powder coat off most of the lower facing bits. Rocks, logs, etc.

My Jeep is heavy. The Clayton coils were not up to the weight. I now run RE coils.

I have found that their system works very well. Far superior to just about any of their TJ/LJ competitors similar products that I have seen first hand in action. Very durable.

The only thing that I have broke on it was the trans cross member support. The 4 legs broke off. May have had something to do with my Atlas 4 speed though...

YMMV

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I know...but this is the internet and people get all butt hurt if you state something they have purchased wasn't the best or was a bad choice. This is your palace and you have a more respected view than mine, so I'll let you be the bad guy ;) WAL is a place I enjoy talking with you and the regulars on...for that reason I usually stay PC and only state my personal preference or experience and leave it at that.

Indeed, this is the internet :crazyeyes:

I would never begrudge someone giving their opinion. After all, I asked. You guys know more about these things than I do an I value your knowledge.
Just to get back to it.
I also found a shop 20 min. from my house called Extreme Vehicle Builders in Danbury, CT that is a Clayton and Evo dealer. Time to start getting a build list together.

Regardless of what you go with, we're looking forward to seeing your Jeep get built up :thumb:

Haha! Yes my friend, you are correct! I was just hoping RamP's original post was not going to get lost in the sea of possibly increasingly angry posters trying to prove the benefits of radius arms, just seems to go down that road. However, like Briguy114, there is nothing wrong with asking a legitimate question of why are they better/not better than 4 traditional control arms. The slightest bit of research and you quickly learn how few people actually run radius arm set ups, now ask yourself why and it's apparent. Also, in your earlier post you commented on the square tubing used by Clayton on their control arms, absolutely nothing wrong with that......I believe both you (on Moby) and I (on EVOJEEP) are currently running square control arms :rock:

Wait.... we're running square control arms?? :eek: :crazyeyes: :D

Skid_Kid

Could a jeep apply the same amount of force on the trail that the helicopter applied in a crash? I'm just asking because I've always been fond of round and I'd hate to settle for square unnecessarily.

Sorry it is more the physics of the amount of force it can take to bend the tubes. A square tube is stronger then round tube made of the same material and able to support more weight.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

GCM 2

Wait.... we're running square control arms?? :eek: :crazyeyes: :D

You really need to have Mel give you a tour of the parts on your rig :cheesy: And to clarify for those wondering about square tubing, our EVO envy links are square.....however they are not tubing, but solid billet aluminum. So really its the same but different, or something like that :thinking:

EVO-LONGARM-UPGRADE-03.jpg

Top Bottom