Coffee Drinkers & Bean Grinders

SDG

Caught the Bug
This is my standard am go juice.

20171012_074904.jpg

Burr grind some locally roasted coffee for a little french press action. I have come to the conclusion that it is the best 10 min spent prior to heading off to work.

I prefer a medium roast of any sorts. I got one of these grinders for my mom over a year ago, and liked it so much I finally got one for myself.

They have some cool shirts on their website.

I've been drinking a bunch of cold brew lately. Trying Freedom Fuel first. 1.5 tablespoons per cup, soaked for 12 plus hours.

View attachment 279520

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Can you give me a step by step how you prepare your cold brew. On the dot 1.5 tablespoons per 8oz cup in the fridge then strain as you serve?

Every time I try to do a batch of cold brew it comes out tasting like rancid cat piss.

jesse3638

Hooked
Though I'd post this here. I'm sitting at the airport and brought my coffee kit with me. Boy did that hold up the X-ray machine. You'd have though I had guns or knives. I got the full pat down to start. Then both my carry-on and my back pack opened. They even wiped my grinder with the explosive wipe..haha. I saw it was my bag and asked them just to pull it to open it as not to hold the line up. 5-10 mins later they pull it and open it. Got to love the TSA. Highly efficient gov organization.. :crazyeyes:

Edit: I'm curious what would have happened if I left in all in my ammo can..haha

Sent from my 831C using WAYALIFE mobile app

Last edited:

Mtb275

Can you give me a step by step how you prepare your cold brew. On the dot 1.5 tablespoons per 8oz cup in the fridge then strain as you serve?

Every time I try to do a batch of cold brew it comes out tasting like rancid cat piss.

I bought a stainless filter off amazon, it’s made by trellis and Co.. they come for narrow and wide mouth jars.

I use a large 8 cup wide mouth mason jar. I put 3/4 cup of ground coffee in filter. The grind should be fairly coarse, not an espresso grind. Put the filter in jar and fill with filtered water from fridge. I let it sit on the counter for about 24 hours. I always have one on the counter. After 24 hours or so I pull the filter out. At this point shake well and drink, refrigerate remaining. I usually drink over ice with almond milk.

If I want it hot, I heat it up.

To me, cold brew coffee is amazing, the cold brew gets rid of any acidic taste and opens the flavors up.

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

SDG

Caught the Bug
I bought a stainless filter off amazon, it’s made by trellis and Co.. they come for narrow and wide mouth jars.

I use a large 8 cup wide mouth mason jar. I put 3/4 cup of ground coffee in filter. The grind should be fairly coarse, not an espresso grind. Put the filter in jar and fill with filtered water from fridge. I let it sit on the counter for about 24 hours. I always have one on the counter. After 24 hours or so I pull the filter out. At this point shake well and drink, refrigerate remaining. I usually drink over ice with almond milk.

If I want it hot, I heat it up.

To me, cold brew coffee is amazing, the cold brew gets rid of any acidic taste and opens the flavors up.

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app
That sounds good! Still working on perfecting my recipe myself.

Currently trying 2/3 of a cup whole beans, and 1/2 a cup whole beans to a large mason jar (same oz as a medium French press). Had good luck last time with 12h of steep time (ground to a little coarser than my hot French press setting).

I just add filtered tap water at room temp, give a good stir when I walk by and leave at room temp for 12 h.

Here is a pic of the current experiment. 20171107_193624.jpg

Just started it, so will know tomorrow am which is the winner.

I pour through a normal coffee filter and toss in another mason jar in the fridge.

Sent from my SM-G955U using WAYALIFE mobile app

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
Coffee Drinkers & Bean Grinders

Currently trying 2/3 of a cup whole beans, and 1/2 a cup whole beans to a large mason jar (same oz as a medium French press). Had good luck last time with 12h of steep time (ground to a little coarser than my hot French press setting).

I just add filtered tap water at room temp, give a good stir when I walk by and leave at room temp for 12 h.

Here is a pic of the current experiment. View attachment 282450

I pour through a normal coffee filter and toss in another mason jar in the fridge.

I may have to try this. You just pulse the beans I’m guessing?

I really should drink less coffee not more.... butt fuck it.

Last edited:

Mtb275

Here is a pic of the current experiment. View attachment 282450

I may have to try this. You just pulse the beans I’m guessing?

I really should drink less coffee not more.... butt fuck it.

Yes, I forgot I shake it a few times. I've also done without the stainless filter from amazon. Just threw gtinds and water in mason jar and then I poured it through a nut milk bag.

Those mason jars, are they 4 cup or 8 cup? They look like 4 cup, but could be angle of pic. I use the 8 cup.

Yes, just pulse the beans in a little grinder. They can be ground just not a powder.

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
Yes, I forgot I shake it a few times. I've also done without the stainless filter from amazon. Just threw gtinds and water in mason jar and then I poured it through a nut milk bag.

Those mason jars, are they 4 cup or 8 cup? They look like 4 cup, but could be angle of pic. I use the 8 cup.

Yes, just pulse the beans in a little grinder. They can be ground just not a powder.

Cool thanks. Might try that.

Mtb275

Cool thanks. Might try that.

These are the items I use.

Attachments

• IMG_3113.jpg
    IMG_3113.jpg
    65.3 KB · Views: 59
  • IMG_3111.jpg
    IMG_3111.jpg
    70.4 KB · Views: 62
  • IMG_3112.jpg
    IMG_3112.jpg
    69.4 KB · Views: 64
  • IMG_3110.jpg
    IMG_3110.jpg
    46.9 KB · Views: 57

SDG

Caught the Bug

They are just 4 cup I think.

Top Bottom